Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

My relationship with Clarity is that of a user - a person whose time is tracked  by the product, so I my question/comment is based upon my experience at two different lagrge companies that have used Clarity.

• 1.  My relationship with Clarity is that of a user - a person whose time is tracked  by the product, so I my question/comment is based upon my experience at two different lagrge companies that have used Clarity.

Posted Apr 25, 2015 10:34 PM

At each company, we were asked to submit our clarity timesheets for the week on Friday even though we might be required to work on the weekend. We had to do guess, lie, or put our weekend hours sometime in the following week. Can the product be configured to a week that starts with Saturday so such a policy makes sense? If not, perhaps this is a change that should be considered. If it can be so configured, it is evidently not being well communicated, otherwise people like me would not finf ourselves guessing or lying at the end of gthe week.

• 2.  Re: My relationship with Clarity is that of a user - a person whose time is tracked  by the product, so I my question/comment is based upon my experience at two different lagrge companies that have used Clarity.

Posted Apr 26, 2015 12:38 AM

Jeff, yes the product can be confgured to have your time reporting  periods start on a Saturday and end on a Friday.  At CA services our time reporting periods start on Sunday and end on Saturday to follow our time reporting guidelines.

Jack

• 3.  Re: My relationship with Clarity is that of a user - a person whose time is tracked  by the product, so I my question/comment is based upon my experience at two different lagrge companies that have used Clarity.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2015 03:31 AM

To add to Jack's comments, the Time reporting period can be configured by navigating to Admin --> under project management --> Time reporting periods.

If you already have Time reporting periods created and if there are no actuals against them, you can delete them and create new ones.

To delete time periods, mark them for deletion and run the Delete Investment job but please go through the documentation and understand the risk of running this job

Thanks,

Jerin