CA Client Automation

• 1.  health monitoring

Posted Apr 25, 2015 10:46 PM

Can someone send me the guide about health monitoring in 12.9. How can I implement this.

• 2.  Re: health monitoring

Posted Apr 26, 2015 09:27 AM

Chapter 9 of the Implementation Guide

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Tel: +1-731-676-4223

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 3.  Re: health monitoring

Posted Apr 27, 2015 12:15 AM

Hi Vishal,

Please refer How to Configure and Monitor the CA Client Automation Infrastructure Health-DSM - CA Client Automation - 12.9 - CA Wiki for Health Monitoring related information.

Ipsita Mohanty,

CA Technologies

Information Services Engineer

• 4.  Re: health monitoring

Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:47 AM

Thanks Ipsita for the quick response.

Can you help me more on this i.e. Why we are using the health monitoring and what are the other benefits of this.

• 5.  Re: health monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2015 05:03 AM

The Health Monitoring feature monitors the following alert types:

• Parameterized Alerts (Alert Templates):
      Supports additional parameters as part of the alert definition. You can customize alert properties such as the monitoring frequency, threshold, and severity based on the values that are set for those parameters. Defining and configuring the parameterized alerts is supported through Alert Templates.
      An alert template provides a default definition of a parameterized alert with a list of supported parameters. Use the template as the basis for one or more alerts with different parameter values and associated configurations.
    • Non-parameterized or Plain Alerts (Alerts):
      Supports no additional parameters. Use the alert properties as defined in the system.

The HM feature provides out-of-the-box alert templates and alerts. You can also base customized templates and alerts on DM Script.

You can find more information on: https://wiki.ca.com/display/CLA129/Understand+HM+Architecture+and+Basics

You can also visit: CA Client Automation Home - CA Client Automation - 12.9 - CA Wiki

You can search for "Health Monitoring". All the related content gets displayed.

For any further information, please feel free to contact.

Regards,

Ipsita