CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 12.5 - Email flooding causing a showstopper

Posted Apr 26, 2015 07:57 PM

We are running ServiceDesk Manager r12.5, over the weekend it was turned off for 20 hours.

When it came back up it started to send out every notification ever created.  not_log has over 1.2mil entries -

so this is killing the email system and slowing SDM - we have blocked sdm from sending mail to prevent

both systems from tanking.

I have confirmed that System_AHD_generated is active and UUID is 793ED69B4E87A545BD8E911834D829FC
    is also the number in the ascii,dat and the database.

I need a way to convince SDM that all its notifications have been sent even if this means a data fix to

not_log.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I can't have my notifications off forever.  HELP

thanks

Donna

• 2.  Re: SDM 12.5 - Email flooding causing a showstopper

Posted Apr 27, 2015 12:35 AM

Hi Donna,

How about moving the emails from the mail_queue folder to stop sending the existing emails.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: SDM 12.5 - Email flooding causing a showstopper

Posted Apr 29, 2015 08:08 PM

Yes I already cleared the mail_queue folder.  SDM is sending everything in the notification table - so literally 1.2mil emails.

My workaround was to make a copy of not_log, then on the orginal not_log delete every notification younger than 27/4/2015

and bounce the db and and app.  Turned mail back on and it only delivered notifications from after 27/4/2015.
    So I have no idea why this occured and I don't like the workaround but there was no other choice.

thanks anyway

Donna