Clarity

• 1.  IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2015 11:51 PM

Just want to reach out to the community around an issue I am experiencing with Clarity 14.1 and 14.2

In the versions of IE10 and IE11 that I have access to, Clarity is not accepting keyboard input for Large String attributes.

So I will create a Large String attribute on any object, put it on the Properties - Edit or Properties - Create view.

But then when I try to enter text in (or even paste text in), the text box does not accept the input.

Only when I turn the Internet Explorer Document Mode into IE9 - via F12 Developer Tools - does the text box accept input.

Any ideas short of asking for a Group Policy rollout to push Internet Explorer Document Mode into IE9?

• 2.  Re: IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:24 AM

This is a BUG - CLRT-77181 in 14.1 and 14.2 and is yet to be fixed.

No proper workaround but you ca check TEC1585418 for some details.

Thanks,

Jerin    

• 3.  Re: IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?

Posted May 25, 2015 03:49 AM

It is reported to be fixed in

• 4.  Re: IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2015 01:32 PM

I am a little late to your post, but if you are not upgrading soon, add the clarity url site to the compatibility mode and it will work. I did this as a work around for us and had it put in the group policy to push out to users. Some users still had to manually add it to their compatibility settings, but that is due to their laptop and its connection to the group policy.

Hope that helps!

• 5.  Re: IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?

Posted Jul 14, 2015 02:02 PM

Lynn: I take you did not see Josh's reply to your post in LinkedIn either

In 14.2 Clarity is just switching the compatibility mode to IE10 under the hood when it detects IE11. Your workaround is pretty solid.

• 6.  Re: IE10 and IE11 - Clarity 14 not accepting input for Large String attributes?

Posted Jul 14, 2015 02:37 PM

I saw it. I know Josh well.  But not everyone checks or belongs to linked in. Since the community serves the broader audience, I wanted to close the gap here so that no one felt they could not do anything unless they upgrade. We use this for 13.3 and IE 11.