CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Apr 28, 2015 08:45 AM

Hi Team,

I have a strange behaviour regarding the Manual Notify for a group of an Incident, specified as recipient. If the group itself does not have a E-Mail Address specified, the notification is not done.

"Email id does not exist for the user(s) : Test_Group"  The members are not notified even if they have a valid Email-Address and notification method.
    My workaround is to define a dummy Email-Address for the group, no notification method is needed.With this workaround the members of the group are notified.
    SDM 14.1 cum#1 does not solve the problem. Is a FIX available?

Regards Baerbel

• 2.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Apr 28, 2015 09:22 AM

I would suggest you to open support case to address this issue.

• 3.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2015 09:50 AM

Baerbel,

We have investigated this situation and if the manual notification has defined a notification method of "Email", and a Group is selected, then the Group needs to have an Email notification method associated to it. This change was required in order to allow for the other enhancements to the manual notification to function.

• 4.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Dec 08, 2015 10:50 AM

so is there a solution? I have same issue

• 5.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Dec 08, 2015 12:34 PM

After upgrading to 14.1.01 we opened a case with CA regarding this issue.  As Alex mentioned they can't change it due to recent enhancements to manual notify..  Our work around was to add dummy email addresses to all our group contacts..  Hopefully there is a better solution out there.

• 6.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Jun 08, 2016 06:39 AM

I know we can simply mute the email address validation functionality by modifying isEmailIDExist(notifylist) function under nf.htmpl. We just need to set hasEMail=true before it returns finally. But in that case it will stop validating for Group as well as contacts. I am looking for a way to skip the group email validation only. Does anyone have idea on how to achieve that? I tried to validate based on contact_type==2308 but was not successful. Any idea/thought will be appreciated.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 7.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Nov 22, 2016 12:18 PM

Hi ArunavaS

I also had the same issue on customer site.

One solution is, to modify the url in nf.htmpl, which is sent via SyncAjaxCall. In the end, you have disabled the check for Contact Type = Group (2308) because you don't get a response value for Groups but still have a check for contacts. (But NOT for contacts within the group).

Just insert +QBE.NE.type=2308 to the url.

OOTB Code:

var url=cfgCgi+"?SID="+cfgSID + "+FID=" + fid_generator()+"+OP=SEARCH+FACTORY=cnt+KEEP.IsPopUp=1+KEEP.backfill_field=KEY.combo_name+KEEP.backfill_form=main_form+KEEP.Is3FieldContact=0+KEEP.domset_name=RLIST_STATIC+QBE.EQ.delete_flag=0+QBE.EQ.id="+user_uuid+"+numAutosuggestRecords=10+common_name=email_address";

No Group in URL Code:

var url=cfgCgi+"?SID="+cfgSID + "+FID=" + fid_generator()+"+OP=SEARCH+FACTORY=cnt+KEEP.IsPopUp=1+KEEP.backfill_field=KEY.combo_name+KEEP.backfill_form=main_form+KEEP.Is3FieldContact=0+KEEP.domset_name=RLIST_STATIC+QBE.EQ.delete_flag=0+QBE.NE.type=2308+QBE.EQ.id="+user_uuid+"+numAutosuggestRecords=10+common_name=email_address";

But keep in mind:

Then you have Log Comments, which tells you, that there is no mail address specified for this group. But you are able to send to the group and it's members.

It is not a perfect solution, but one of a solution.

Regards

Christoph

• 8.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Jun 08, 2016 06:48 AM

Alex, I would like to know the standard CA thought to apply validation on Group email address on Manual Notification? Are you considering a group should have an email address? I am asking because setting a dummy email address should not be a standard to bypass it. Please let me know.

ArunavaS

• 9.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2016 09:23 AM

Arunava, I'm sorry I don't know the specifics for the requirement. It's a topic that's been discussed with our Development team, and in those discussions I was informed of the changes made in 14.1 made this necessary.

• 10.  Re: SDM 14.1 Manual Notify for a group

Posted Jul 26, 2016 11:30 AM

How can this be considered 'Answered'?

This is clearly a change from the way it used to work.

In the past, it used to collect all available email addresses from group and group members and send to list.

The main purpose for having group was to be able to send notification to group without needing to identify each member specifically.

Was this documented in the 'Release Notes' ?

Please publish details as to why this is necessary and add ideally create option to configure the way it used to work.