DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Apr 28, 2015 11:17 AM

CA Mobile Application Analytics (MAA) Tuesday Tip by Victor Gonzalez, Sr Principal Consultant for Tuesday, April 28, 2015

CA Mobile Application Analytics 15.1 ushered in a variety of features.  One of the marquee features introduced has been the addition of Data Collection Profiles on a per app basis.  Why is this important?  I am often asked how much control do administrators have in what data is collected and how it is transmitted.  Good to know that with 15.1, administrators now have a set of knobs and dials for controlling what data is collected and how it is transmitted. 

The Data Collection Profiles can be accessed when registering a new app with CA MAA.  You may also modify an already registered app.  Select Apps from the left hand menu. 

TT1.jpg

From here you can either select an already registered app or select new app.

TT2.jpg

Data Collection Profile section is located at the bottom of the App page:

TT3.jpg

Here you will find 6 categories that can be modified based on the administrators requirements.  All of these items can be enabled or disabled by selecting the tick mark and not require any coding to make these changes. 

Items worth highlighting:

• Send Data over network?  I am always asked if we could limit sending MAA data only when the mobile device is connected to WIFI.  By selecting ‘Only send when user is connected to WIFI’ addresses that concern.
    • Usage – Screen captures.  Screen captures has been a very welcomed feature.  Along with that feature comes the request to enable / disable it easily
    • Performance Metrics – Not all metrics are useful to all audiences.  Adding controls to not collect metrics you are not interested in on a per app basis will always be a welcomed feature!

Are there other controls for data collection and transmission you would like to see?  Feel free to add those below. 

• 2.  Re: Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Apr 28, 2015 04:21 PM

Thanks for posting this tip to the community, Victor!

• 3.  Re: Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Apr 29, 2015 04:03 AM

Hi Victor,

i have a question regarding this tip. Every time i access the Data Collection Profile, many options are not available (and ALWAYS "device data storage limit" and "send data over network" aren't).

I thought they were disabled for this release, but reading your post i had the doubt: how can i use them?

here is a screenshot on what I see (most of the options are in Italic):

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.02.29.png

Thanks, Francesco

• 4.  Re: Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:58 AM

You are correct Francesco, there are a number of features in this screen that are currently grayed out (un-clickable) in version 15.1. These are items that will be added very shortly. They just didn't make it into the initial release of 15.1. Device data storage limit and Only send data over network via wifi are two features that aren't currently available but will be available soon.

Thank you.

Bryan

• 5.  Re: Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Feb 04, 2019 07:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I have a question about the option "Data Collection Is".

One of our client has this option disabled but still getting data in AXA.

Have you ever seen/resolved something like this (attached) ?

• 6.  RE: Re: Tuesday Tip - CA Mobile App Analytics (MAA):  Data Collection Profiles

Posted Oct 15, 2019 03:38 AM
    Is there anyone who has faced the same issue with me ?
    Can you please share your thoughts in this post ?

------------------------------
    Infrastructure Software-Systems Engineer
    SYNTAX
    ------------------------------