IT Process Automation

• 1.  powershell script fails from PAM run program operator

Posted Apr 29, 2015 06:03 PM

I have a powershell script that uses New-WebServiceProxy cmdlet to construct the web service proxy and then invoke PAM ExecuteProcess method. This script works fine when called from the cmd window on the server.

I tried calling the same powershell script from PAM's run program operator and it fails when reaches the following statement:

$webservicex=New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $url -namespace WebServiceProxy -Class ExecuteProcess

error seen in PAM is:

New-WebServiceProxy : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\mxnvxmzq.tmp'.

At D:\CSC\Scripts\Invoke_ExecuteProcess.ps1:35 char:33

+ $webservicex=New-WebServiceProxy <<<<  -Uri $url -namespace WebServiceProxy -Class ExecuteProcess

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-WebServiceProxy], DirectoryNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewWebServiceProxy

I added a line to see what if there was a difference in the environement variable when called from PAM in comparision to cmd. But could not find any difference.

I believe there is some setting that needs to be done before PAM executes the script -ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Atul Vohra

• 2.  Re: powershell script fails from PAM run program operator

Posted Jun 03, 2015 03:43 PM

Can anyone help Atul please?

Thanks

powershell script fails from PAM run program operator

I have a powershell script that uses New-WebServiceProxy cmdlet to construct the web service proxy and then invoke PAM ExecuteProcess method. This script works fine when called from the cmd window on the server.

I tried calling the same powershell script from PAM's run program operator and it fails when reaches the following statement:

$webservicex=New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $url -namespace WebServiceProxy -Class ExecuteProcess

error seen in PAM is:

New-WebServiceProxy : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\mxnvxmzq.tmp'.

At D:\CSC\Scripts\Invoke_ExecuteProcess.ps1:35 char:33

+ $webservicex=New-WebServiceProxy <<<<  -Uri $url -namespace WebServiceProxy -Class ExecuteProcess

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-WebServiceProxy], DirectoryNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewWebServiceProxy

I added a line to see what if there was a difference in the environement variable when called from PAM in comparision to cmd. But could not find any difference.

I believe there is some setting that needs to be done before PAM executes the script -ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Atul Vohra

• 3.  Re: powershell script fails from PAM run program operator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 03:50 PM

There are specific requirements that need to be set for powershell to function.

Please see the following for details:

PowerShell Execution Policy - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

If you look in the Predefined Content folder, under Utilities there is a process that sets the above configuration for you.