CA Service Management

• 1.  Get table values

Posted May 05, 2015 06:10 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to print the values inserted in a table (data mode) but without success. I've tried several different ways but I always get "undefined" which let me think that I am printing the wrong value.

Imagine that I have a table named tbl and that I've inserted two values (_id is called row). I can get row count without any problem:

var rows = ca_fdGetTableRowCount(ca_fd.formId, tbl);

How can I print the value for each row?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Pedro

• 2.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 05, 2015 03:37 PM

If you are using r12.8 or higher you could use ca_fdGetInsertedTableRows.

• 3.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 06:46 AM

Hi Lindsay,

I've figured out what the problem is but I didn't solve it yet. I have several tables with Select components that queries mdb. I want to invoke a function to do some validations in each table so I have to pass table and select as argument:

ca_fd.js.validar('tblRecursos','selNomeRecurso');

validar : function (tbl,sel){

var teste = ca_fdGetInsertedTableRows(ca_fd.formId, tbl);

var rows = ca_fdGetTableRowCount(ca_fd.formId, tbl);

var undefined = 0;

for(var i = 0 ; i < rows ; i++){

alert("1 - By param "+teste[i].sel+ " - Variable type: "+(typeof sel));

alert("2 - Force select "+teste[i].selNomeRecurso+ " - Variable type: "+(typeof selNomeRecurso));

}

return undefined;

}

I'm having troube passing a Select as an argument. Alert 1 prints undefined and alerts 2 prints the correct value.

"sel" typeof is string and that's why code has this behaviour.

How can I deal with this?

Thank you.

Pedro

• 4.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 07:21 AM

A picture is worth a 1000 words

Untitled.png

• 5.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 11:00 AM

Hi Pedro,

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. It looks like you are populating the table from a report. Are you then wanting to identify which table rows the user selects?

Regards,

Lindsay

• 6.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 11:08 AM

Hi Lindsay,

I am populating the table manually with options suggested from a query. For the rows inserted I want to do some validations and that's why I need to call a function with table and select component as arguments.

Regards,

Pedro

• 7.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 12:14 PM

I had to review my reference on JavaScript to figure this out. This is a JavaScript limitation.

teste[i].selNomeRecurso works because selNomeRecurso is a column in the table

teste[i].sel does not work because sel is not a column in the table

I perceive that you are trying to create a single function to use with any table (by passing the column name to the function) but you will have to create a function for each table.

• 8.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 12:22 PM

A function for each table will generate 10 functions. And, in my opinion, this validation is required because of a bug in Catalog. If the only values available to choose for the rows are the ones outputted by the query users shouldn't be able to add an empty line

• 9.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 01:18 PM

Have you tried setting Required to True on selNomeRecurso?

• 10.  Re: Get table values

Posted May 06, 2015 02:13 PM

Yes and it worked. However this is required only if another option is True. Due to that selNomeRecurso can't be required by default. I control that with a function on onSubmit.