DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

silently run robot uninstaller

• 1.  silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 10:48 AM

I need to silently run the Nimbus Robot uninstaller from the command line, so I can script the installation of UIM.  We are able to locate the uninstall exe using the registry, and can pass the -uninstall flag to get it to run, but a GUI prompt pops up.  Is there a flag or some other way to bypass the prompt so the entire thing can run automatically?

• 2.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 11:46 AM

I checked with my technical expert, and he thought we answered the question once before, but it must have been for a support call or email thread.  Anyway, the magic you seek is:

$ unins000.exe /SILENT /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Jim Cooke, Product Manager UIM Core Services

• 3.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 11:48 AM

Thanks Jim.  I have been hunting this for a week.

• 4.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 11:58 AM

We are still getting the message box pop up.  We are running the Uninstaller identified in the registry.

• 5.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 02:34 PM

Try it using the executable (unins000.exe) in the Nimsoft folder.  There could be something different about what you're finding in the registry.

• 6.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 05, 2015 07:52 PM

Thanks... I have no direct access to the system, so I am waiting on the client to identify if the exe is anywhere on the system.

• 7.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 06, 2015 05:17 PM

I have confirmed that the .exe doesn't exist on the client machines.  Are there any switches / flags to pass to the Uninstaller from the registry to get it to run silently?

• 8.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 07, 2015 10:17 AM

Something is not adding up here.  The installer we are referring to exists for all native robot installers setup in innosetup.  If it didn't exist there would be no way to uninstall the product.  So we must be talking about different installers.  What is the name of the installer you used, and where did it come from?  What platform specifically are on?    Did you already attempt to resolve this through Support?

Jim Cooke, Product Manager, UIM Core Services

• 9.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted May 07, 2015 03:32 PM

I agree, and I apologize for any miscommunication.  I was working with a client to remove the Nimbus application from their monitored servers, which I had been referring to as the robot.  The only documentation I have seen refers to removing the application from the add/remove application interface.  I had worked with support, but came to the answer that there was no way to run the uninstaller silently.  Issue 00162757.

I tried WMI, but the application is not registered.  I found no documentation for the uninstaller registered with add/remove programs and could not find a switch to silence the GUI pop up that verifies the software removal.  The client ended up manually running the software removal, so I no longer have this challenge.  In addition to the use case of a Client that is removing an instance of UIM, this challenge will also be seen by MSPs that are off-boarding customers from monitoring and I would suggest that a scripted process for the removal of software from a monitored device would be very beneficial.  I know there is a similar proposal for the ideation process and I have voted it up.

Thank you for your time.

• 10.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted Feb 24, 2016 12:24 PM

Windows Silent Uninstaller:

1. cd %PROGRAMFILES%\Nimsoft
    2. unins000.exe /SILENT /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
    3. cd %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Nimsoft
    4. unins000.exe /SILENT /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

• 11.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 02:02 PM

Now use may use nimbus.exe -remove instead of unins000.exe. Refer to the article below.

Uninstall windows robot via command line - CA Knowledge 

• 12.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Posted Aug 16, 2018 01:14 PM

This KB is wrong:

You can also use the following command to uninstall the robot:

C:\Program Files\NimBUS\bin\nimbus.exe -remove

There is no nimbus directory under program files. Its Nimsoft

It should say:

C:\Program Files\Nimsoft\bin\nimbus.exe -remove

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin\nimbus.exe -remove

• 13.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 05:07 AM

KB revised.

Thank you very very much for pointing out.

Regards, Yu

• 14.  Re: silently run robot uninstaller

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:49 AM

And {nimbus_home}/bin/inst_init.sh remove for linux

Also remove the file system {nimbus_home}

cheers