CA Client Automation

• 1.  DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Posted May 05, 2015 08:50 PM

Has anybody used the DSM Software Delivery Catalog?  Is there a way to make it look a bit more attractive to users and group applications by type?

We have permission based groups which work fine, but the overall look of the catalog is very ugly.

We were hoping to be able to group Applications and make it look a bit more like an app Store with icons and a description of what the software is used for.  It seems to be very basic in the out of the box format, but I am unsure if this can be modified at all?

This is how it looks out of the box, there is no option to group software by type or even make it look more presentable:

DSM Software Delivery Catalog.png

We would like it to look a bit more like an App Store.

Is this possible at all?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Posted Jun 03, 2015 03:56 PM

Anyone have any feedback for WOWK?

Thanks

DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Has anybody used the DSM Software Delivery Catalog?  Is there a way to make it look a bit more attractive to users and group applications by type?

We have permission based groups which work fine, but the overall look of the catalog is very ugly.

We were hoping to be able to group Applications and make it look a bit more like an app Store with icons and a description of what the software is used for.  It seems to be very basic in the out of the box format, but I am unsure if this can be modified at all?

This is how it looks out of the box, there is no option to group software by type or even make it look more presentable:

DSM Software Delivery Catalog.png

We would like it to look a bit more like an App Store.

Is this possible at all?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:26 AM

Hi

I am sorry but there is no supported way to change the look and feel of the catalog. We have seen people modify the html and style sheets themselves but it is completely unsupported to do so.

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:27 AM

Please do raise this as an idea if you would like the community and product management to review your request

Rich

• 5.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 04:47 AM

Hi Kate

Do you need nay further clarification? If not could you please mark this thread as answered.

Thanks

Rich

• 6.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Posted Jun 29, 2015 04:03 PM

Hi Richard,

I have created an idea based on this, however I did want to ask about the non-supported modification you mentioned above.

You mentioned the non-supported modification of the html and style sheets, are you able to point me to the files to modify if we wanted to look at the non-supported way of doing things?

Thanks

Kate

• 7.  Re: DSM Software Delivery Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2015 04:49 AM
    Sorry Kate. Unfortunately I don't have that info. I just know that some in ca services have played around with it

Regards

Rich