Service Operations Insight

Expand all | Collapse all

CAMM for NetApp

• 1.  CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 12, 2015 08:20 AM

Hi Guys - AdrianJohnsonUK, ashbyatx, JimLunde, Chris_Hackett

I have just been going through the documentation regarding CAMM for NetApp adapter and my question is:

• For me to be able to get the data onto the CSV file, do I need CAMM, how will this process work?
    • Is CAMM a separate tool which will be connecting to the NetApp server and pulling the capacity metrics?
    • Is it not possible for NetApp to export these capacity metrics directly to a CSV format and then copy them to the DM server?
    • Is this this the only storage adapter that we can use to load storage data in our server.

Regards

David.

• 2.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 12, 2015 10:44 AM

David,

When I had David Dupre onsite he told me he wrote a very good Data Adapter for Netapp.  I would reach out to David for this answer.

Jackie

• 3.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 13, 2015 04:48 AM

Thanks Jackie

David dupda03

Can you assist?

Regards

David

• 4.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2015 07:15 AM

Hi David, 

We've been carrying this CAMM/NetApp data adapter on our price book for a few years, you'd have to buy it if you don't have it. However, there may be a preferred way of getting NetApp data via another mechanism. Let's arrange one of our local team to contact you and look at the options.

• 5.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 13, 2015 07:54 AM

Hi Robert

I'm not sure if I understand you. The DM that I have installed and running on my server has the built in CAMM for NetApp adapter. So my question is do I need CAMM installed and producing these csv files and presenting them to DM or do i need to get them directly from NetApp?

Regards

David

• 6.  Re: CAMM for NetApp
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2015 10:53 AM

The CAMM NETAPP data adapter uses CSV files that are produced from CAMM.  CAMM connects to the NETAPP Filer via an HTTP connection. The CAMM Device Pack Guide for NetApp Filer document available on the support site provides details on installing and connecting to NETAPP.     All CAMM and NETAPP support is outside of Data Manager support.  Data Manager works with the CSV files that come from CAMM.

• 7.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 13, 2015 09:49 AM

SurendranathKS

KS, your comments please.

Regards

David

• 8.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted May 13, 2015 10:31 AM

Hi David,

I have no much insight into CAMM (CA Mediation Manager), but if you are looking to use the capacity metrics for Netapp server into CCC, then it has to be through a custom adapter.

Creating a custom adapter through CA will need CA Services engagement and Robert Limbrey has already replied to your question.

Regards,

KS

• 9.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted Jun 03, 2015 09:35 AM

Update - CA Mediation Manager (CA CAMM) update to version 2.5 - Does not change the NETAPP CAMM data adapter for CA Capacity Manager, it was not updated in this release, and may not be supported in this 2.5 release of CA Mediation Manager.  So be sure to use the "old" version of CA CAMM, if you attempt to use this data adapter.  --- NETAPP CAMM data adapter

P.S. I am not aware of any customers using this data adapter.

• 10.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted Jun 17, 2015 03:33 PM

Hi David, Jim_Opre

Where do I download CAMM  as when I check under the download center it is not there. Is this a licensed product?

Regards

David

• 11.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted Jun 17, 2015 03:46 PM

SAP Portal Services - click this to get the download page...then enter:

CA MEDIATION MANAGER - MULTI-PLATFORM

Pick the version that you want from the drop-down.

David D.

• 12.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted Jun 17, 2015 04:03 PM

Hi David

I have done that but it doesn't appear, it just says no matching results.

Regards

David T.

• 13.  Re: CAMM for NetApp

Posted Jun 17, 2015 04:35 PM

David T.

Camm for NetApp was pulled because it was a "non-viable" product release.  When you asked about downloading CAMM I didn't realize you were still trying to run the "Camm for NetApp" product.  Sorry about that.

The CAMM product is still being supported and developed but not the "CAMM for NETAPP" part of it.

"Yes it is a separate license" - sorry about that also...

So the download site is correct, but the version you want to pull in NetApp no longer available.

If you are interested in testing a services developed data adapter, not officially supported...

There is one that reads the Sybase database and pulls in many of the values needed to populate the CCR Storage reports.

It gets all the configuration information sizes, allocated, used, but not the performance metrics like bytes read/write, nor CPU busy.

To use it would require a special driver to allow Data Manager to connect to a Sybase database and you would have to setup an ID with read only access to the NETAPP management application server.

David