Clarity

• 1.  Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013

Posted May 13, 2015 03:51 AM

I've installed MSP2013 and the required s/w.... I can also see the CA Clarity Integration ribbon on the top, which I guess, suggests that the add-in was successfully installed (see attached IMG01).

When I try to open and project from Clarity to MSP, it prompts me to put in the password, but the Setup button is greyed out. I enter the password thrice before the pop-up disappears and the project does not open. (see attached IMG02)

Any clues on what I should look at next ?

NJ

• 2.  Re: Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2015 05:29 AM

Hello,

It could be that the "Scheduler Entry URL" configured in Clarity's CSA is not correct, and Microsoft Project is not pointing to the correct server after you try to open the project from Clarity. Can you review those settings?
    You can find them on CSA > Server properties > Application > Application Server > Scheduler Entry URL. Try to make it point to either the value in the "HTTP Entry URL" or "HTTPS Entry URL", depending on how you typically access Clarity.

Best regards,

Marc Buigues

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013

Posted May 13, 2015 05:43 AM

I will check on that, though I don't think that would be the case as I am able to open the project on OWB (or would it make any difference) ?

NJ

• 4.  Re: Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2015 12:39 PM

HI NJ,

OWB should take the data from the same attribute.

Try to input it manually first (completely close MSP) and open Microsoft Project back (not from Clarity). Then choose the "Open" option from the CA Clarity PPM integration toolbar. Does it work?

Best regards.

• 5.  Re: Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013

Posted May 13, 2015 01:15 PM

Try launching the project from Clarity into Microsoft Project instead of starting with Microsoft Project.  The values need are populated for you going this way first.

• 6.  Re: Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2015 01:34 PM

Richard,

Failure to open from CA PPM is how this thread started:

Clarity 14.2 and MSP2013                  

This question is Not Answered.

navzjoshi00    Champion

I've installed MSP2013 and the required s/w.... I can also see the CA Clarity Integration ribbon on the top, which I guess, suggests that the add-in was successfully installed (see attached IMG01).

When I try to open and project from Clarity to MSP, it prompts me to put in the password, but the Setup button is greyed out. I enter the password thrice before the pop-up disappears and the project does not open. (see attached IMG02)

Any clues on what I should look at next ?

NJ

By trying the Open From Clarity, within MSP option as Marc suggested, one may be presented with a login screen with various buttons not grayed out, allowing one to check the URL and other settings to ensure that they are correct, and make changes if incorrect.  I've always used this method as a test after installing the interface.  I've found that if this method works, then opening from CA PPM always works.