Symantec IGA

• 1.  How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted May 13, 2015 11:50 PM

Hi Friends,

Am new to CA Identityminder,though I have a background in CA Siteminder.I would like to know,the procedure for exporting and importing the Data Stores in CA Identityminder.I believe there should be a way,similar to siteminder where we do smobjexport.We are trying to upgrade  the CA IDentityMinder from r12.5 SP 1 to SP5.So ,I am thinking of taking a backup.

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  Re: How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted May 18, 2015 11:19 AM

The best way to do this is to use the /immanagement console. You'll need to export the directory object as an xml file and a the environment as a zip file.

To export the directory:

1. Click Directories in the Management Console. The list of CA IdentityMinder directories appears.
    2. Click the name of the directory to export. The Properties for the CA IdentityMinder directory window appear.
    3. At the bottom of the properties window, click Export.
    4. When prompted, save the XML file.

To export the environment:

1. Click Environments in the Management Console. The CA IdentityMinder environments screen appears with a list of CA IdentityMinder environments.
    2. Select the environment that you want to export.
    3. Click the Export button. A File Download screen appears.
    4. Save the ZIP file to a location that is accessible to the production system.
    5. Click Finish.

These files will be portable and can be moved between IM installations.

W.

• 3.  Re: How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted May 19, 2015 08:49 PM

Thanks William,what are the other backups we have to do apart from the management console,I believe we should be importring the CA Directory Objects.

• 4.  Re: How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted Jun 01, 2015 04:11 AM

1. As stated by William : export The directories and the environments in the management console

2. Save the Ca Directories using dxdumpdb tool: dxdumpdb -f dsa.ldif dsa

To load the ldif : dxloaddb dsa dsa.ldif

Full doc is in CA Directoy bookshelf

• 5.  Re: How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted Jun 01, 2015 08:33 AM

Hi,

CA IM ships with Config xpress which can be used to migrate the configurations.

With config express environment & directories backup is taken automatically & you don't have to do any modification.

Regards

Rohan

• 6.  Re: How to export Data Store in CA Identityminder

Posted Jun 02, 2015 01:24 AM

Thanks All