Symantec Access Management

• 1.  What is the "Session Services" Agent Name in SiteMinder?

Posted May 14, 2015 10:00 AM

Looking at the Audit Server Logs for SiteMinder, there is a reference to an agent named "Session Services". Does anyone have information about it? When I search agents in the console, it does not appear to exist.

SMAuditID=2447703064 sm_categoryid=1 sm_eventid=10 sm_hostname=xxxxx13 sm_agentname="Session Services" sm_realmname= sm_clientip= sm_authdirname= sm_authdirserver= sm_authdirnamespace= sm_resource= sm_domainname= sm_uid=LAszIWbc

• 2.  Re: What is the "Session Services" Agent Name in SiteMinder?

Posted May 14, 2015 04:12 PM

Are you using a Session Store and/or using Session Assurance Feature of SiteMinder. Also by the looks it seems as though enhanced audit is enabled, thus additional info is being printed on the Audit logs.

Regards

Hubert

• 3.  Re: What is the "Session Services" Agent Name in SiteMinder?

Posted May 14, 2015 04:53 PM

Yes, we use a Session Store. We do not use Session Assurance.

Since we don't have an agent named Session Service, we want to know what it means when our Audit Server shows sm_agentname = "Session Services".

• 4.  Re: What is the "Session Services" Agent Name in SiteMinder?

Posted May 14, 2015 06:06 PM

My assumption is that it is probably the session store maintenance thread which the policy server invokes periodically to do the session housekeeping. For now that's only one which kind of rings in my head.

Inorder to confirm match the trace logs entries.

• 5.  Re: What is the "Session Services" Agent Name in SiteMinder?

Posted May 15, 2015 02:14 PM

That is certainly helpful. Thanks!

Do you know what triggers the session store maintenance thread or what the threshold is? Is it a setting that can be modified? I haven't found any information about it in the documentation.

I did find thousands of entries in our SQL Audit Server. Each time it uses a unique, generated uid.