Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Documentation?

Posted May 14, 2015 11:54 AM

Hello,

I'm blanking here... I've published services using the Developer portal WITHOUT a WADL.  How can I make the services visible and add custom documentation?  Right now, I do not see a way to modify them through staging.  Is there a pre-req that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Al

• 2.  Re: Documentation?

Posted May 15, 2015 04:02 AM

You will have to publish with a WADL if you want the automatically generated documentation to show up, since that information is based on the WADL.

But you should be able to make the service itself visible without a WADL (just not on the documentation page). You just have to enable it.

If you want to add your own documentation, you can edit the main area of the documentation page in staging and add your own content there.

Hope that helps.

Michiel

• 3.  Re: Documentation?

Posted May 15, 2015 04:29 PM

Thanks.  I was hoping that I could make the service appear on the documentation page (without a WADL) so that I could add custom content to it.  Our team is not really feeling the CMS in the portal as it is cumbersome. I need the portal to respect the visibility of the service based on the user's org and plan.  If I edit the main page directly, I would lose this.

So...  How does this work with SOAP services?

Thanks,

Al

• 4.  Re: Documentation?

Posted May 28, 2015 12:30 PM
    1. You can manually go into the Documentation tree and create a new page in Staging mode by clicking the Add button
    2. Now choose the APIDocument template and layout = inside page 2col for your doc page.
    3. You'll notice when you edit the content using the APIDocument Editor that you can associate an API with that page:

Choose the API you created and this will link the two together. So if you set that API to private, for example, this doc page will now be hidden.