Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Overview of LDAP access rights

Posted May 15, 2015 07:18 AM

So I know I can use the Search Identity Provider option to assign someone access rights for the Policy Manager using an LDAP account. I can also search for a user or group and see which roles they have assigned directly or inherited from a group.

But is there a way to get a list of which users and/or groups have access? In an environment of 1000+ users and 100+ groups this would be impossible to do with just checking every user and group to see who has what type of access. So basically what I want is a report or at least user interface to see which roles are assigned to which LDAP entities. Is that available somewhere?

• 2.  Re: Overview of LDAP access rights

Posted May 18, 2015 03:27 PM

Is anyone able to help with the above question?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: Overview of LDAP access rights
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2015 04:33 PM

Hi MichielHelder,

I appreciate your patience - my apologies for the delay in responding initially.

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a way to see which users are assigned to a particular role, is that correct? If so, then the way to do this is to use the Policy Manager --> Tasks --> Manage Roles. This will then bring up all the roles which a user can be assigned to. If you click on one of the roles (e.g. Administrator), you will then see a list of "Assignments" on the bottom-half of the window which then lists all the users who are assigned the role you have selected.

There isn't so much of a report generator for that, but the information is indeed there in the Manage Roles area of the Policy Manager.

If I have missed anything or misunderstood your concern, please let me know and I will try to correct or improve my answer. Thank you, Michiel.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

• 4.  Re: Overview of LDAP access rights

Posted May 19, 2015 03:23 AM

Hi Dustin,

Thanks, that was what I was looking for (and why didn't I think of that ). A report would have been nice for audit purposes, but I think this will do. Maybe we can pull the info for a report from the database if we really need it.

Thanks,

Michiel