Symantec Access Management

• 1.  IIS 8.x Web Agent Installation Guide

Posted May 21, 2015 10:15 AM

Does there exist a web agent installation guide for IIS 8.X?  All my searches on the CA Support site find IIS 7.x documents.  Thank you.

• 2.  Re: IIS 8.x Web Agent Installation Guide

Posted May 21, 2015 11:51 AM

Mike,

i dont know if they even have an agent that supports it. probably they'll make one when they release that.

i hope they would.

• 3.  Re: IIS 8.x Web Agent Installation Guide

Posted May 21, 2015 12:03 PM

IIS 8 is listed on the Platform Support Matrix.  I have opened a case with CA Support.

• 4.  Re: IIS 8.x Web Agent Installation Guide

Posted May 21, 2015 12:08 PM

cool. i just got the nin when i needed it, i havent looked since, that  was close to a month ago.

now that it is officially supported, we should be up the tech group for not having the  doc.

in their docs  i notice they state:

Providing Feedback About Product Documentation

If you have comments or questions about CA Technologies product documentation, you can send a message to techpubs@ca.com.

To provide feedback about CA Technologies product documentation, complete our short customer survey which is available on the CA Support website at http://ca.com/docs.

so i'd say email that address. maybe embarass them in the survey too?

or should we really organize? you post a form letter and i'll email it in too. everyone who wants should join. let's get them 30 or 40 of the email from different people!

-Josh

• 5.  Re: IIS 8.x Web Agent Installation Guide
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2015 12:31 PM

This is the link CA Support gave me.  They said there is no install document that specifically calls out the IIS 8.X version, but the install steps are the same for IIS 7.X and above.

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20SiteMinder%20r12%20SP3-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/idocs/index.htm?toc.htm?agent-install-iis.html