Clarity

• 1.  .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets

Posted May 22, 2015 08:12 PM

Hi ,

We would like customize OOB interactive portlets. It did not work when I tried to open .swf file from Xcelsius studio. Does anybody know where and how we can get  .xlf source files for OOB interactive portlets? I opened a ticket with CA support, they said only option is to download the .swf file from clarity portlet and customize it, but this is not working.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

• 2.  Re: .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets

Posted May 23, 2015 09:33 AM

I have been able to download that from the support site in the past. I have copies of them. What version are you looking for?

• 3.  Re: .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets

Posted May 23, 2015 11:52 AM

Hi Atul,

Clarity version is 13.3.0.286

Xcelsius 2008 sp6

the file specifically I am looking for is Project_Status.xlf. If you could download all the xlf files that would be great.

• 4.  Re: .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2015 10:26 AM
      |   view attached

Here you go..

Attachment(s)

zip
    Project_Status.xlf.zip   77 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets

Posted May 26, 2015 01:28 PM

Thanks Akul. Would you please give give us Top_50_Project_Watchlist.xlf too?

• 6.  Re: .xlf source files for OOB xcelsious portlets

Posted May 26, 2015 03:39 PM

I am sorry there seemed to have been a misunderstanding in your earlier ticket.

The .swf files are not downloaded for editing, you would only do that in order to re-upload the file to another Clarity instance, as it's already compiled.

What was probably intended to say, is that the design files for Clarity out of the box portlets are available as 'software' downloads in Clarity provided your user has been given the appropriate rights (just like downloading the OWB / MSP interfaces or the XOG packages also require you to have the appropriate rights, such as those I've given my test user):

Resulting in this download option, the second link containing .xlf files of the portlets:

In order to make sure you get the correct design files for your version of Clarity (or your version of the add-in for Clarity) you should always use these ones provided.

If the portlets you want come from an add-in instead, then you should download them from support.ca.com after logging into it, again making sure you get the right files for your version.

This link should help you locate the correct versions and files:

CA Clarity PPM Solution Pack Index - CA Technologies

E.g. from that page:

If you don't mind, would you please let me know the issue number you received help from?  Thank you.