CA Client Automation

• 1.  It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?

Posted May 22, 2015 03:29 PM

Hi dudes,

I'm deploying by Software delivery a simple bat, that desinstall the SCCM agents.

But i'm gettings 118 DTS messages:

2015-05-22_132039.png

That is not the first time that I face with this.

Time later, the Status Message shows a error of installation.

It is normal? or i'm facing a error?

Note, i am not getting this message with all the software jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?

Posted May 22, 2015 05:05 PM

How many scalability servers do you have?

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Tel: 1-731-676-4223<tel:1-731-676-4223>

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 3.  Re: It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?

Posted May 22, 2015 05:11 PM

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quickly response.

Our client has 3 SS including the domain.

• 4.  Re: It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?

Posted May 22, 2015 05:26 PM

I did not look at the attached image before but now I have I see what is going on. What you are seeing is not a message, it is a status, which is not the same thing. All it means is that for each of these jobs, the package was not staged at the Scalability Server, and the system had to wait until DTS transferred the package before it could schedule the job on the agent. The package would be sent only once to each SS (except the DM, it’s already there) and every Agent connected to an SS which needed the package would get that status after the package was sent.

If you had looked sooner, you would have seen a status of ‘DTS transfer in progress’, and a percentage complete for each of these Agents, and if you had looked in the job status you would have seen the same DTS transfer ID for every Agent connected to the same SS. In fact even now you could look at the job properties and you would see the output from DTS showing the same transfer ID.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Tel: +1-731-676-4223

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 5.  Re: It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?

Posted May 22, 2015 05:44 PM

Hi Steve,

Yep, I said message because the header say: Status message, but it just was a pun, or a play of words.

And Yes, I've seen the status: DTS: File in progress.

But my question is because I want to know if it is normal or we are having a communication issue between the agent and its SS. I've waiting till 1-2 days and I see the same status, then I see that, the jobs are failed, sometimes with a "exit code (number) indicates a possible error" but, I think that those exit code messages are Microsoft installation errors and not a CA SD error really

• 6.  Re: It is normal get lots of "DTS Status: File transfer has completed successfully" messages?
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2015 06:45 PM

The DTS status is normal. Unless you pre-stage the package to the SS you will always see it. It is not the cause of your job failures.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Tel: 1-731-676-4223<tel:1-731-676-4223>

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>