DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

• 1.  CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 01:19 AM

I have installed a new CA Ehealth and Spectrum into a new VM Server with different IP address and different server_name.

Previous installation

CA Ehealth r6.3 in Windows 2003 Server

CA Spectrum 9.2.2 in Windows 2008 Server

New Installation:

CA Ehealth r6.3..2.08 in Windows 2008 Server

CA Spectrum 9.2.2 in Windows 2008 Server

When i did the Ehealth intergration,

- i change the servername, port number, ehealth admin password

- i refresh the Ehealth topology

- then i run the Initial mapping (which took hours),

after the above

- the Spectrum topology looks different like a lot of things added to it.

- also when you choose ehealth reports in any of the device in Spectrum, error msg "504 DNS Look up failed"

see the attached files

Thanks guys

ehealth reports.jpg

504 dns error.jpg

• 2.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 01:24 AM

topology.jpg

after running initial mapping..this is what happen

• 3.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 03:19 AM

I would say that you're missing the DNS resolution on the workstation from where you launched the 'eHealth Reports' link on the OneClick console. Can you try to add the domain name to the link that you have and see that is working?

You should try the same exact link from your Spectrum machine to see if works. I'm guessing that both servers share the same AD so that's why DNS resolution is performed between them. Whenever you're launching the link from a computer outside the domain, the address of the eHealth server it's not properly resolved.

About the second thing that you mention, the topology looking different, how did you migrate the configuration from the existing server to the new one? I see that you're having the same Spectrum versions, so you did not upgrade between the migrations. Basically you can always get another save from the old server and load it into the new one. You should try then re-creating the eHealth integration. There are some eHealth related attributes that should be changed if your second SS is integrated with another eHealth server.

• 4.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 03:34 AM

Hi CatalinF,

Thanks for you reply.

Are you saying that we need to edit the 'hosts' file?

We actually added the domain name like http://servm0bsp0787.bsp.shell.bn:8090, and still the same issue (if this is what you mean)

As for the topology, we did restore the database from the old server (which is completed successfully), only after the ehealthe migaration (after the initial mapping), then it gives us like that.

thanks again!

• 5.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 03:38 AM

topology before initial mapping.jpg

topology after the database restore

• 6.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 06:57 AM

I've seen problems also when a proxy server is used to access the machines. Do you have a proxy server in between your client machine and the servers?

No, I'm not saying to modify your hosts file. If there will be any other client that tries to use it, it will have the same problem, the DNS resolution. Ideally this is solved by adding the server to the DNS configuration so that it can be resolved without intervention on local DNS records in hosts file.

Try pinging the hostname and FQDN to see the results from your client machine.

The error message you get is self explanatory.

• 7.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 08:32 PM

Hi CatalinF,

The two servers are in one VM Esxi server and at the moment there is no client using….we just installed the server and not in use at the moment. 

Is there any issue if the old server still running at the same time with the new server?  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jhun Sanchez

Noryanismayus Enterprise

Lot 8989, Unit 14, Block B, Ground Floor, Jalan Pandan 7, Kampong Pandan, Kuala Belait KA1931, Negara Brunei Darussalam. Tel : 673-3330224,  Fax : 673-3330318

• 8.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 09:41 PM

Hi CatalinF,

There is no problem pinging ip address and the server name with domain as well...on each other

Thanks and regards,

Jhun Sanchez

• 9.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 25, 2015 10:44 PM

Hi,

I noticed that when i click ehealth reports...the url only

http://servername:8090/cgi-bin......

Which if i change to

Http://servername.bsp.shell.bn:8090/cgi-bin/......

It works

On the ehealth configuration the ehealth servername is only the servername and not servername.bsp.shell.bn...

Tried to change...but still give me the same result....do i need clear the map again and run initial mapping? As it takes hours to finish.

Or i can edit a file to change this?

Thanks so much!

Thanks and regards,

Jhun Sanchez

• 10.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 26, 2015 03:10 AM

To change integration setting log in to Oneclick web interface and go to Administration->eHealth Configuration.

Are you sure there's no proxy in between the machine you're trying you're running the OneClick console and the eHealth Server? Can you try running to OneClick Console from both servers, Spectrum and eHealth and see what's going on? If you get similar results. just double check proxy settings on the default browser that you're using. From both machines it should work without a problem. If you have a problem, it's most probably related with browser configuration or access restrictions.

I'm asking this as the message 504 you're receiving is not the standard response of Internet Explorer to DNS resolution problems. There's something else that is serving this message to your browser. It could be a proxy, even a transparent proxy.

You'll not have problems if you run both servers in the same time, as long as they don't share the same landscape handle. If you specified a different landscape handle for the new server, you should not have a problem.

• 11.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 26, 2015 03:36 AM

Hi CatalinF,

Thanks again for you reply, I will try again tomorrow morning.

Best Regards,

Jhun Sanchez

Noryanismayus Enterprise

Lot 8989, Unit 14, Block B, Ground Floor, Jalan Pandan 7, Kampong Pandan, Kuala Belait KA1931, Negara Brunei Darussalam. Tel : 673-3330224,  Fax : 673-3330318

• 12.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 26, 2015 09:05 PM

Hi CatalinF,

I saw that there is a proxy settings on the interner explorer....what can we go about this?  Thanks

Thanks and regards,

Jhun Sanchez

• 13.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 27, 2015 12:56 AM

Hi CatalinF,

After removing the proxy server settings, it works fine.

Thanks so much!

• 14.  Re: CA Ehealth migration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 27, 2015 03:54 AM

You can add your servers to the proxy exceptions list, so you won't disable/enable the proxy every time you want to open the eHealth web interface. I usually add both eHealth and Spectrum to exceptions lists.