CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?

Posted May 26, 2015 12:56 PM

Hello,

I've been searching on the community to see if anyone might have posted this question in the past. Thusfar no luck.

Is there a way to change the Risk Survey associated with all Change Categories at once?

- I believe the answer is no. And am seeking confirmation.

- I believe the only way to "circumvent" this, and do a mock mass update of the Risk Survey against all categories, would be to modify the existing and already assigned risk survey, rather than creating a new one. My concern here is what kind of impact would there be on previously submitted risk surveys?

As extra background, our risk survey is designed to be more generic, and applies to all change categories, rather than having different risk surveys depending on the categories.

• 2.  Re: CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi,

Perhaps if you were to perform a pdm_extract of the Change_Category table you can then manually update the "risk_survey" field for each record, and then perform a pdm_load to load the changes. It would still be a manual process, but could be done a bit quicker than opening each manually.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?

Posted May 26, 2015 02:53 PM

Had not thought of that. Sounds like a viable option. While still manual, much easier to do a find and replace on the specific string.

Think I may give it a shot in my dev environment.

• 4.  Re: CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?

Posted May 26, 2015 03:29 PM

Thanks Alexander, This worked beautifully and made the update process much much faster. Just had to pay attention to the data being updated, as the ID value did exist in other fields.

But PDM_Export/Load successfully worked. .

• 5.  Re: CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?

Posted May 27, 2015 10:15 AM

And even if you had modified the existing Risk Survey, no big deal.

Submitted risk survey are stored with Questions and Answers And selected options in different table, especially to keep trace of old survey when you modify your risk survey.

Take a look at this query :

select chg.chg_ref_num AS [No Chg], chg.open_date [OpenDate], usp_risk_svy_question.txt as [Question], ans.txt as [PossibleAnswer], ans.selected as [SelectedAnswer] from usp_risk_svy_question

inner join usp_risk_svy_answer as ANS

ON ANS.own_srvy_question = usp_risk_svy_question.id

inner join usp_risk_svy SVY

on SVY.id = usp_risk_svy_question.owning_survey

inner join chg   

on CHG.id=SVY.chg_id

• 6.  Re: CA SDM Change Order Risk Survey - How to update all at once?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 12:30 PM

Thanks POssq, good to know moving forward. Makes sense that it would be designed that way.