Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Resource is not protected, no realm matches this resource in smtracedefault log file

Posted May 28, 2015 08:10 AM

I am new to siteminder so need some help in basic stuff. I have my policy server on one VM (Windows server datacenter 2008 r2) and the web agent on the other VM. (lab environment) I am getting the error [http://***.***.xx.***/hr/hr.html][][][][][][][][][][65536][][][][][][][][Resource is not protected, no realm matches this resource] in smtracedefault log file.

My resource filter is /hr/ and rule as  hr.html ...also tried with '*'. I even created tried creting a agent group instead of an agent but that didnt help I get the same error.realm.PNG

• 2.  Re: Resource is not protected, no realm matches this resource in smtracedefault log file

Posted May 28, 2015 08:41 AM

Have you tested with the SMTest Tool?  It can be very handy to test your realms and rules.

Example:

• 3.  Re: Resource is not protected, no realm matches this resource in smtracedefault log file

Posted Jun 03, 2015 05:05 AM

Yes I had but i found the issue, it was not related to any misconfiguration in realm but rather with the version of the apache with the windows server version I was using. I used IIS instead and now its protecting the page.