DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?

• 1.  How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?

Posted May 28, 2015 10:59 AM

Due to various requirements we have multiple Application and Policies, and trying to determine which apply to a given Model or Global Collection is not built into Spectrum.

More than once we deleted what we thought was an unused G.C., only to find it was in a SANM Policy, which Policy then applied to all models and started sending out unexpected emails.

In addition we use SPM tests, and each such Model is assigned to one or more of several Policies based on who should receive the alarms. There's no way within Spectrum to check that all our SPM tests are assigned to at least one Policy, or to report which Policy applies to which SPM test models.

• 2.  Re: How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2015 11:01 AM

Sounds like this should be an idea. I'll vote it up.

• 3.  Re: How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?

Posted Jan 21, 2017 01:11 PM

I know this is old, but what did you end up doing for this? 

I'm writing a script to do this. Everything thing is done except figuring out how model type SANMFilter applies attribute 0xd7000e (negate_flags). It's some kind of huge binary applied against all the other attributes, but since it's returned as an Integer it's hard to figure out exactly what it's doing. 

I'm going to open a ticket with CA to see if they can find someone that knows how it works.

• 4.  Re: How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2015 02:30 AM

I agree with Stuart_Weenig.

JoeP request you to open an idea for this.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 5.  Re: How can we track what SANM policy or policies apply to a given Model or Global Collection?

Posted May 29, 2015 10:13 AM

That will get my vote as well!