Clarity

• 1.  DB Account is getting locked due to upgrade

Posted Jun 01, 2015 05:51 AM

Hi All,

We have successfully upgraded to 14.2 v in Development environment . But when we are trying to upgrade in QA , upgrade fails immediately with the below error.The Database application account is getting locked as well.

D:\14.2temp\checkinstall\scripts\check-db-version.xml:99: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

• I unlocked the DB account , connected to the DB using the same username and password successfully as mentioned in CSA.
    • Logged in CSA ran health check report, no issues found.
    • Copied the install.jar on to separate temp folder. Run "checkinstall.bat" no issues found.

But when I tried to run the upgrade again , it failed with the same error and DB account is getting locked immediately.

Has anyone faced this issue. Please help!

Thanks

Pavithra

• 2.  Re: DB Account is getting locked due to upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2015 05:57 AM

Yup, we've faced the same issue. It's caused by wrong/corrupted c-oracle.jar file in the installer directory.

It's interesting why CA didn't replace this file (fixed the installer) yet, as it's available for few months already and this issue is a well known one...

Here is the solution provided for my case when I was playing with the upgrade. It worked for the first installation, and i'm now planning another run this week.

Workaround for 14.2 upgrade

Extract the install.jar in a temp directory
    - Take the library "c-oracle.jar" inside ...temp\checkinstall\tools\lib and
    copy it inside the folder ..temp\tools\lib replacing the existing one.
    - Take the file "upgrade-repack.14.1.0.431tpexcludes.jar" contained in ..temp\install-packages\14.1.0
    and unjar it /unzip it (renamed it as upgrade-repack.14.1.0.431tpexcludes.zip to unzip) it in my temp2
    directory.
    - Take the file "package.jar" contained in above upgrade-repack.14.1.0.431tpexcludes.zip and unzip/unjar the package.jar
    and replace the c-oracle.jar in package.zip and rebuild the package.jar and again package as upgrade-repack.14.1.0.431tpexcludes.jar

Take the file "package.jar" contained in ..temp\install-packages\14.2.0
    and unjar/unzip (renamed it as package.zip to unzip and extracted) it in another temp2
    directory.
    - Take the library "c-oracle.jar" inside ...temp\checkinstall\tools\lib and
    copy it inside the folder ..temp2\lib replacing the existing one.
    - rebuild the package.jar modified and run the install

Have fun

• 3.  Re: DB Account is getting locked due to upgrade

Posted Jun 03, 2015 08:28 AM

Thanks Leszek for the updates. Upgrade completed successfully in QA

Regards

Pavithra

• 4.  Re: DB Account is getting locked due to upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2015 07:04 AM

Hi nmanoha ,

Lezsek is correct, I have provided you the workaround and the correct jar files via case.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: DB Account is getting locked due to upgrade

Posted Jun 03, 2015 08:29 AM

Thanks Suman for the steps and the jar files.

Regards

Pavithra