Symantec IGA

• 1.  Is there a way to get event name in policy Express similar to getting Task name using task tag

Posted Jun 02, 2015 09:48 AM

Hi. I am workig on CA IDentity Minder. I am using a Policy Express to trigger an email whenever an event fails during a task. I am able to get task name using task tag . But I need exact event name where the failure occured. Do we have any tag to get event name similar to task tag?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to get event name in policy Express similar to getting Task name using task tag

Posted Jun 02, 2015 10:43 AM

You should be able to create a new data element like this:

Category: Tasks and Events

Type: Task Information

Function: Tag Name.

This should get you the tagName of the event that triggered the policy that you are in.

W.

CA Technical Support

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to get event name in policy Express similar to getting Task name using task tag

Posted Jun 02, 2015 10:59 AM

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am able to get the Task name by creating the data element as you mentined.

The idea I am trying to implement is when an CreateEmployee Task is launched a set of events like Createuser, Modifyuser,Assign provisioningrole,synchronize user will occur. If due to any issue, any event gets failed I would like to send an email through a policy express with the name of the event where failure occured.

To do this I should get the event name first by creating a data element. Is there any possibility to get the event name?

Thanks,

Vishnuvardhan

william.k.lee

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to get event name in policy Express similar to getting Task name using task tag

Posted Jun 02, 2015 12:09 PM

Create a new Email policy.

Under "When to send" add "Event Failed" for the events that you want to send emails on. Then use the custom data as described before in your text to email.

That should accomplish what you are looking for.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to get event name in policy Express similar to getting Task name using task tag

Posted Jun 02, 2015 07:57 PM

Hello  Vishnuvardhan

I am total agree with William.K.Lee, maybe you will select more than one event(CreateUserEvent, DeleteUserEvent ...), but if you need to show the EventName in the mail message you should define a Custom Data because that is the way you can show it on mail "Content"

I think this is what you wanted

Good luck

Efrén