Ok - this one is odd. Have solved it, but thought it worth posting.
Create a personal dashboard portlet based on Project object
- Include OBS, Active and two customer created attributes as filters
- Works fine, so far.
- Then, select a value for one for any attribute other than Active
- Expect list to be filtered
- Actually get logged out of CA PPM!
- When setting filter defaults for the customer attributes, log out/in produces error
- When trying to set OBS Unit - Filter Mode to "Unit and Descendants," it reverts back to "Unit Only"
- Filtering of old portlets works fine.
Solution: Reset multicast on affected server, as issue was not repeated when logging into different server.
However, still having issue with setting Filter Mode. Workaround is to select multiple OBS values as default, then change Filter Mode to "Unit and Descendants" As this is a personal dashboard/portlet, where I need multiple OBS values by default, this works fine.