Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

• 1.  Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 04, 2015 06:31 AM

Hi

Can anybody tell me the how can we get the CA layer 7 API gateway certification? I have covered the basic trainings on CA Layer 7 already using the 'partner portal'. Whats the next step to get a certificate?

• 2.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:38 AM

Hello Mansee !

We are developing the certification exam for CA API Management now and it should be available very soon. In the meantime, there are a few accreditation exams available on the CA Education Portal. These can help you prepare for the future certification exam!

CA Layer 7 Gateway v8.1: Installation, Configuration and Administration 200 Exam

CA Layer 7 API Portal v2.6: Installation and Configuration 200 Exam

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

• 3.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 05, 2015 01:19 AM

Thanks Colleen for the prompt reply.

I have already completed all the accredition exams and hence just waiting for the certification.

Please let me know whenever the certification exam is up and running and i'll apply for the same. Appreciate your help!

• 4.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:16 AM

Hi Mansee,

Great news, the Certification exam is ready and available!

CA Education is pleased to offer a certification exam for CA API Management 8.x Professional. All certified individuals are automatically badged! Please visit our websitehttp://www.ca.com/us/education/certification.aspx for more information on how to register, FAQs and study guides.

Best of Luck!

• 5.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 18, 2015 02:44 PM

Colleen,

Where's the link to the certification exam for CA APIM? Can't find it from your link above....

• 6.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 18, 2015 05:02 PM

Hi CA-Value-Australia,

It appears there is a delay in getting this new certification exam on the ca.com Certification page. I'm hoping this will be resolved soon so that we can start to promote the Cert exam soon!

Thank you,

Colleen

• 7.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 30, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi Colleen

Any update on this please?

Thanks

Mansee

• 8.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jun 30, 2015 01:39 PM

Hi Mansee,

Unfortunately as quickly as this exam went up, we took it down for re-work. We're in a review phase to make sure the exam is up-to-date and relevant to the whole learning experience. I will inform on this chain when the exam has been re-released. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience!

Thank you,

Colleen

• 9.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Dec 28, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi Colleen,

I noticed that you mentioned the exams for the API Developer Portal and the Gateway.

Is there an accreditatoin exam for the Mobile API Gateway?

Thank you,

Juan

• 10.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:38 PM

Hi juan.moreno,

I apologize for the delay in responding. At this time we do not have an accreditation exam for the MAG. The Mobile API Gateway 2.x course (04LSV2016S) is included in the Implementation Proven Professional certification exam (CAT-560). Head over to our Certifications site for more information. Thank you!

• 11.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jan 21, 2016 03:11 PM

Thank you for the information.

I already went through all of the 200 trainings I'm still training to move on to the Cert Exam next.

• 12.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:44 AM

I have written the certificate exam and I can tell you its not walk in the park. Besides basic training you need to have a very good understanding of security concepts as well. There are a lot of question on MAG and portal too so dont just focus on gateway. I suggest writing the basic exams through partner portal that come after every course and then review security concepts e.g., SSL, certificates , identity, federation etc., Although format is MCQs there are lot of similar answers and make sure that you have done couple of installs of gateway, portal, MAG yourself before your first attempt at writing certificate exam.

• 13.  Re: Certification on CA Layer 7 API gateway

Posted Jan 25, 2016 10:01 AM

Thank you for the info. Yeah I was getting the feeling like this exam wasn't easy. I was going to review the documentation on each product as it's suggested as well.