IT Process Automation

• 1.  Problem accessing PAM

Posted Jun 09, 2015 01:55 AM

I've installed PAM 4.2 SP2 on Windows 2012 R2. PAM seems to be working well but I can access URL http://myserver:8080/itpam only directly from PAM server. I cannot access PAM URL from other computers. I tried to disable Windows firewall on PAM server but still no answer from the server when a connection is from remote computer. When I accessing PAM from remote computers the following error is displayed "This page can't be displayed", no answer even via telnet client using port 8080. I installed Wireshark on PAM server and I can see that connections from a remote computer are terminated but I don't know why.

Thank you,

Milan

• 2.  Re: Problem accessing PAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 06:59 AM

Hi Milan,

What is the response you get for telent command is it 'connecting to host... could not open connection to host on port 8080'? This still looks lik an issue with connection on port 8080.

- Is there an external firewall between PAM server and remote host?
    - Check if Anti Virus on PAM server blocking it.

Regards, Zafar

• 3.  Re: Problem accessing PAM

Posted Jun 11, 2015 12:19 AM

Hi Zafar,

I found out what is root of the problem. The PAM server has two NICs. NIC1 is connected to APP VLAN where other servers like Service Catalog, SDM, etc are running. NIC2 is connected to DB VLAN where SQL server runs.  For some reason PAM services are bind only to NIC2. When I'm trying to connect to PAM from Service Catalog server my connection goes to NIC1 and there is no response. I don't know how to bind PAM service to all NICs or re-bind them to NIC1. Service Catalog has its services bind to both NICs automatically. I've searched in PAM config files but there was only the one domain.xml file where was set IP address. I corrected the record to NIC1 but no change happened after PAM service restart. Other config files contain only server name of PAM. I tried to re-order NIC bindings in Windows (Network connections-Advanced Settings) but PAM still uses only NIC2 interface.

Any help how to re-bind PAM services?.

Thank you Milan

• 4.  Re: Problem accessing PAM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2015 01:13 AM

Hi Milan,

You can bind PAM to specific IP by adding the following to 'oasisconfig.properties' file located in '.c2o\.config\' directory. It does require a service restart.

jboss.bind.address = <IPAddress>

Hope that helps.

Regards, Zafar

• 5.  Re: Problem accessing PAM

Posted Jun 11, 2015 01:35 AM

Thank you :-).