• 1.  Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Team,

We announced Spectrum 10.0 GA yesterday morning

Please see below the link to the download on support site:

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/7832/7832_10-0-GA_Announcement.pdf

Additionally, we have a new 64bit related FAQ that is very comprehensive, please review it.

https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASP10/Frequently+Asked+Questions

Also, please see attached the artifact we have for helping you understand key benefits of 10.0 that you can use to drive discussions with your teams and/or your customers.

Please do support the online messages and campaigns related to 10.0

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 09, 2015 08:02 AM

Great news Kiran! At least for me and the projects I have now ongoing.

• 3.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 09, 2015 08:23 AM

AWESOME

Some of us have been waiting for this for a looooong time

• 4.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 10, 2015 03:16 AM

We use the (legacy) SSAPI and IHAPI interfaces extensively. Right now we're on Spectrum 9.3 on Solaris 10.

Are the SSAPI and IHAPI libraries (eg libAMail.so.1 , libVPapi.so.1  ) available only in 64 bit mode now ? In addition to using the SSAPI libraries, our custom applications use other 32 bit libraries. If the 32 bit SSAPI libraries are not available anymore, this would break our compilation/build since an application cannot simultaneously use 32 and 64 bit libraries on Solaris.

• 5.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2015 10:21 AM

Hi Shankar,

Right, all libraries will now be 64 bit

I think you might need to rebuild your apps with 6 bit libs - and test it..

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 6.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 10, 2015 11:06 AM

When will the 10.0 documentation be available?

• 7.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 10, 2015 11:17 AM

The documentation is available on wiki.

• 8.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 10, 2015 11:24 AM

Is there no longer downloadable documentation?  The wiki is a poor substitute for downloadable PDFs.

• 9.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 10, 2015 11:28 AM

You can export the whole documentation in one ore more PDF files. I tend to export the whole thing, not just separate chapters. There is a print PDF button available. You can customize your settings or use the defaults one.

• 10.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2015 12:08 PM

Correct, thanks Catalin

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 11.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 11, 2015 06:14 AM

Thank you, Catalin!

Using the Print PDF option , you can print/download the entire documentation as a PDF. If interested in a particular category, for example, Installing, only the pages under that category can also be downloaded as PDF. Follow these steps:

1.      Select the page that you want to print. If you want to print the whole documentation, select the home page of the wiki.

2.      Select  Print PDF .

3.      Select one of the following options, and click Start Export:

a. CA Book Full(This option prints the selected page and its child pages. The output includes front matter.)

b. CA Book Short (This option prints the selected page and its child pages. The output does not include front matter.)

Regards,

Byju Thampi

Information Architect

CA Technologies

• 12.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 11, 2015 10:02 AM

Personally, I love the wiki.  There are several benefits to the wiki format that I take advantage of all the time on the SOI product.  Having it over here with Spectrum is fantastic.

1 - I can search the documentation again.  Sometimes I don't know where there is information about what I need.  The wiki lets me search the docs, even better than the old Spectrum indexed PDFs.  The last several releases of Spectrum with just standard PDFs has been more of a guessing game on where I need to look.  Having the ability to Search is fantastic!!!!!

2 - I can get to it from anywhere.  Sometimes I am remote and can not VPN into our corporate environment.  Having the documentation hosted by CA on their wiki means that I can get to it from anywhere.

3 - I can point anyone to the docs.  Before, only those that had accounts already setup on our Spectrum systems had access to the docs.  Now, I can reference the wiki site and others can go check them out at their leisure.

4 - The flexibility on where to read.  I can read the docs online, or export parts or the entire set to a PDF and download it to my tablet simply.  That lets me read up on things while traveling or run through the formatted wiki at my desk.

So I give many thanks to CA for putting the Spectrum docs on the wiki.  I feel it is a major improvement for myself and my users.

• 13.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:00 AM

My experience has been the opposite.  The wiki is much slower than local documentation.  The search tools on the support site, including the wiki search, are inferior to searching my local documentation directory.  Local documentation isn't subject to the availability or navigability of the support site.  Finally, the wiki is really inconsistent in data presentation.  Some pages are really data dense and take advantage of their wiki-ness (see https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASP10/Install+CA+Spectrum), some are basically placeholders (see https://wiki.ca.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=196029645).

• 14.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 is GA!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Thanks folks for the good discussion. Classic case of differing expectations/views from users

mwegner you can download the PDF docs if that works and we will work on seeing if there is some way to work on the suggestions and feedback you have provided.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar