Plex 2E

• 1.  Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 04:35 AM

Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ? My requirement is to show decimal value in panel OR show numeric value without decimal palces depending upon a condition. I need to do changes for existing fields and also edit mask exists for these fields at panel level (by passing/mentioning labels to edit mask option in panel properties window).

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2015 08:14 AM

You'll need to define the display field as a character, and then format that field depending on your conditions. Look at the %EDITC built in function and make some User Source to satisfy your formatting...

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 08:25 AM

here is how you crispin answered it back in the day Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage Plex Enhancements - Edit Masks

So you have answered it for both 5250 and WinC

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 08:29 AM

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

Posted Jun 10, 2015 10:00 AM

George,

That's why these forums are so annoying to me as someone who generally answers questions rather than asks. There is nothing to tell me what he was using, and frankly, I didn't even see the last sentence (if it was even there) in his question. I looked at the "breadcrumb" to where it was posted, saw 2E, ignored that it also had Plex in the "place" and answered. Not only that, the OP's question is tagged Plex and 2E, so that's no help...

Waste of my time...

• 7.  Re: Is it possible to change edit mask at run time ?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 02:50 PM

why don't you post an idea about your waste of time