DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

• 1.  Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 10:20 AM

Is there any reason why a global collection that is created in Spectrum cannot create a dashboard in CAPC after the Spectrum data source is synced with CAPC?  Here is an example.  I Spectrum I have a GC called California SItes that contain all the networks that represent each remote site in California. Within each site there are the devices for the network such as routers, switches, etc.  All of the devices are in CAPC/DA. After the data sources sync with CAPC I can do a search for California and there's nothing in CAPC to show for it except an empty dashboard.  Is this by design or am I missing something?  I can create a group in CAPC called California and place the sites within that group and I have a nice performance dashboard but then I have two duplicate groups within CAPC one with data and one without.

Can I control whether a global collection gets synced to CAPC?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 10:35 AM

We also have Spectrum and CA PC, and this would be a useful facility to have.

• 3.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 03:35 PM

Spectrum GCs can be used as a context for the dashboards. If I understood right your GC contain only the network containers, not the devices themselves. Try creating a GC that contains the devices instead of the containers and that should work.

But I agree that it would be a nice feature if it also worked for GCs that contained the sites, or even for GC that contained only interface models instead of devices.

• 4.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 03:41 PM

The GCs  in Spectrum have  the networks and devices but no dashboard when synced to CAPC

• 5.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 04:12 PM

Odd! My GCs work fine. Maybe it is a bug. I'm running version 2.3.2.

• 6.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 04:23 PM

I'm on 2.4.1 for CAPC and 9.4.2 Spectrum

• 7.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 13, 2015 03:43 PM

Because IPdomains get listed under global collections I think this may be leading one or more posters to think these are the same thing as global collections but they aren't. The devices to be included in the inventory sync from spectrum to the DA need to be members of an IPdomain.

• 8.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Hi opnet,

I have the same versions on my side and have the same problem. It seems to be a problem with the reconceliation. That means CAPC doesn't realize that a Device which comes from Spectrum having the same IP and the Same hostname as a Device from the DA are in fact the same Devices. Feel free to check the following SQL Statement on your CAPC

mysql netqosportal

select * from dst_device where address = v6_aton('127.0.0.1');

take the IP-Address of a Device which is in the IP-Domain Global Collection in Spectrum and also in the Data Aggregator.

Just a specific question to you. If you use the link to CA Performance Center on Spectrum Side does it bring you to the right Device from capc meaning to the one which has statistics data from IM2.0?

rgds Steve

• 9.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 12, 2015 04:21 PM

• 10.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 02:49 PM

I believe this is rooted in the contents of the GC in question.

If there are Containers representing networks as members of the GC, which then have the device models as members of the Container, CAPC won't see the GC membership. This is more than likely due to the fact that the devices aren't members of the GC but of the Container, meanwhile the Containers are the actual GC members.

The Spectrum to CAPC integration doesn't sync Containers.

• 11.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2015 02:21 PM

Folks,

We are working toward to improve CAPC and Spectrum integration.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 12.  Re: Spectrum global collections and CAPC groups

Posted Jun 18, 2015 02:30 PM

Can you share with us what can can expect and when?