Plex 2E

• 1.  C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid

Posted Jun 13, 2015 04:22 PM

Historically it has been difficult for external testing tools to test C++ panels containing Grids and tool vendors have been forced to use screen scraping / copying to clip board workarounds

But I'm happy to say after working with Mahadev Kanike of CA Support he came up trumps and provided a new event called 'HGM_GETCELLDATA' allowing external testing tools to get grid data with ease at runtime.

"Created a new message "HGM_GETCELLDATA"(its msg ID 1399) to handle by the win-widget grid  handler to retrieve the particular cell data by sending row, column details of a grid."

So along with Static control ids we have no excuses not to automate testing our winc panels

I will be posting in the future how to use AutoIt to test a  panel

Backgound info: WinWidgets - The CA Plex Wiki

Worksoft Certify CA Plex Integration – USER MANUALS & FAQS

Self-healing scripts for GUI applications - Original Software

• 2.  Re: C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid

• 3.  Re: C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid

Posted Jul 07, 2015 03:10 AM

George -

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the Knowledge Base does not tell me the Plex Versions (Builds)  that include this feature ....

• 4.  Re: C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid

Posted Jul 07, 2015 04:23 AM

work in progress and will alert the community when CA have provided the finished article. Fix not as simple as orginally thought but lucky for us it appeared simple so CA jumped into helping..but if appeared to big a job they may have not. So I am happy.

• 5.  Re: C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2015 03:19 AM

It has been added to backlog as it is seen as an enhancement for the product (not my words)

So gave it my best shot but Automated Testing of C++ generated Grids is still as difficult as it was for the last twenty years.

• 6.  Re: C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid

Posted May 16, 2016 04:18 PM

PDS WINWIDGETS -HGM_GETCELLDATA IS ADDED - Addressed in latest version.

But it only works from within a plex application but the point of the issue was a 3rd party tool accessing a plex application so don't be fooled HGM_GETCELLDATA does not help C++ Client Testing Tool Support of WinWidgets Grid