Clarity

• 1.  Is there a way to write a process with 'Company' as the primary object?

Posted Jun 16, 2015 09:44 AM

Hello All,

I want to write a process that instantiates on the update of a company. I know that the 'is_process_enabled' value for Company object is 0 and hence, I am not able to select it as a primary object. I just want to know if this is an issue with a specific implementation or configuration or it is a standard Clarity behavior? Is there a way I can change this behavior and be able to write a process on a Company object? If not, is there a specific reason why we cannot write processes on Company object, even if it is 'Event Enabled'?

Thank you.

Mangesh

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to write a process with 'Company' as the primary object?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2015 02:00 PM

There isn't anything wrong with your implementation/configuration, this is standard.  Even though the 'Event Enabled' box is checked for the Company object, it isn't process-enabled in the system - not all objects are and there isn't a reason beyond it was just not designed to do so.

It seems the need/desire for this has been on the low side.  I did find an old enhancement request asking for this capability to be added, but it was not implemented and has not been raised yet as an Idea on these communities by any other customers before you.  You could create the Idea so it can be considered, but there are not any short term solutions available sorry.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to write a process with 'Company' as the primary object?

Posted Jun 17, 2015 04:04 AM

Nick,

Thank you! Looks like I will have to look for an alternative way to get this accomplished.

Mangesh