DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

We need to monitor a logfile and a process using sysedge. Is this possible and can you  provide me with the document.

• 1.  We need to monitor a logfile and a process using sysedge. Is this possible and can you  provide me with the document.

Posted Jun 17, 2015 08:02 AM

We need to monitor a logfile and a process using sysedge. Is this possible and can you provide me  with the documment.

thank you in advanced.

• 2.  Re: We need to monitor a logfile and a process using sysedge. Is this possible and can you  provide me with the document.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2018 02:13 PM

Mustapha - the documentation linked to below has the instructions for setting up logfile monitoring plus examples. This should help you accomplish what you need.

CA SystemEDGE User Guide Release 5.6 

• 3.  Re: We need to monitor a logfile and a process using sysedge. Is this possible and can you  provide me with the document.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 05:19 AM

SysEdge is quite good at log file monitoring. It will keep the equivalent of a "tail" on the file the so that it doesn't lose its place. With the process monitoring, you will need to look at whether you need a single process or a process group monitored. The documentation goes through the differences.