I'm providing additional documentation regarding the deployment of CA Identity Governance critical releases.
There are two options to perform an upgrade:
- Re-run the installer. Most straightforward, however, customizations to the portal will not be retained
- Apply the hot fix. This will maintain the customizations, however, you will need to update the database schema.
First, download the critical releases. They can be found on the product documentation page here: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome
- Select CA Identity Governance from the "Knowledge Center" > "Product Pages"
- When you reach the landing page, select: "Cumulative Release Index" from the right pane "Popular Links"
- Select the version you're on
- For Option 1, download all the files, excluding the first.
- For Option 2, download the first file and the new Core.zip
For Option 1, re-run the installer and follow the prompts.
For Option 2, follow these steps:
- Stop JBoss
- Copy the .zip file with the CR and extract.
- Navigate to the CA Identity Governance root folder and copy the eurekify.war to a separate location (just in case). This should be: <IdG root>\Server\eurekify-jboss\server\eurekify\deploy
- Next, copy the extracted eurekify.war to the existing deploy folder
- When prompted, select Copy and Replace all files
- For MS SQL Server deployments, you will need to update the schema (note, substitute appropriate parameters specific to your deployment):
- From the Core.zip file, navigate to: Utils&Conf and copy the DB Utility folder to the server
- Open a command line prompt and navigate to the DB Utility folder you extracted
- First command, update the sdb database: dbutil -d sdb -h localhost -u sa -p <password> -up
- Second command, update the report server database: dbutil -d reportdb -h localhost -u sa -p <password> -up_i2
- Restart JBoss
A few notes on the parameters above:
- -d is the database name
- -h is the server name of the SQL database
- -u is the SQL database administration account name
- -p is the SQL database administration account password
- -up indicates updating the primary database (without losing any data)
- -up_i2 indicates updating report server database (without losing any data)