ESP Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

How to attached distributed system spooled output to a notification in EE (like DE can)?

• 1.  How to attached distributed system spooled output to a notification in EE (like DE can)?

Posted Jun 22, 2015 12:45 AM

I'm a skilled CA WA DE person helping a large enterprise customer that uses CA WA EE (ESP) to use their distributed System Agents and Database Plug-In.  This customer wants to run the DB2 Command Line Processor in a System Agent command line workload object, and then email the contents back to themselves.  In DE we can use the job's Notifications tab to create an email notification on the success or failure of the job.  The output from the job can then easily be attached to the email simply by ticking the "Attach spool file" box.  When I attempted to accomplish the same in EE I discovered I didn't have enough knowledge to achieve this.  I cannot find any alternative to DE's "Attach spool file" plus I an unclear as to whether emails can be easily sent when a notification is triggered.  Can somebody with EE skills point me in the right direction please?  I'm guessing I'll need to add an additional job step to somehow initiate an email.  Many thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to attached distributed system spooled output to a notification in EE (like DE can)?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 04:05 PM

Hello,

EVENT, NOTIFY and AMNOTIFY support MAILBOX option. So that an Email can be sent out based on the condition. See "Chapter 8: Setting the Initialization Parameters" ->"MAILLIST Data Set" on "Installation and Configuration Guide", and EVENT, NOTIFY and AMNOTIFY on "Command Reference Guide" for more detail.

However you can only change the Email subject, and can't attach a doc or change the Email content in ESP. You may post an idea for possible future Enhancement.

Thank you,

Lucy