Layer7 API Management

• 1.  service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid

Posted Jun 23, 2015 01:53 AM

Hi Friends,

We exported few policies from API Gateway 7.1 and imported into API Gateway 8.2.  When we tried to access the policies, the gateway returns a "Policy Falsified" error with the following log entry - "service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid for service GOID" followed by <Long guid> (<Service name>).  Has anyone encountered this error? We would appreciate if you could clarify the cause and provide a resolution. Thanks

Rajesh

• 2.  Re: service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid

Posted Jun 23, 2015 04:18 AM

I have see this error when I am trying to use 'Route via HTTP' assertion and the URL is not resolved properly. i.e. the gateway is not able to communciate to the endpoint . It could be because of the endpoint being down or authentication error.

In my case the endpoint was down due to which i was getting this error.

• 3.  Re: service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2015 07:00 AM

Hi Shashank,

Thanks for the response. 

It turns out that the issue was due to XSLT.  In one of the XSL transformations configured in the Apply XSL Transformation assertion, there was an xsi:schemaLocation attribute.  Apparently, the XSL processor in the gateway does not support it.  After removing the attribute, the policy was processed successfully.  It would have been better if the gateway reported a relevant error.

Regards

Rajesh

• 4.  Re: service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2015 01:07 AM

Rsridhar,

When a policy is saved it will outline in the ssg log file if there was any problems with the XSLT attempting to be loaded into the cache. The Policy Manager will throw errors if syntax is not correct.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

CA Technologies
    Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid

Posted Sep 18, 2015 12:26 AM

Capture.PNG

Hi Stephen,

I have a situation where I use the RESTMan endpoint to GET a Policy (see above) and then PUT the same Policy back to a Gateway (even the same Gateway) and I get the "service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid for service GOID" error.

I have to Disable the Assertion highlighted above; save the Policy; Enable the Assertion; Save the Policy. Can you explain how we can prevent this behaviour - no point in having an automated process to deploy if you have to manually disable->save-enable->save each time.

Cheers,

• 6.  Re: service is resolved but the corresponding policy is invalid

Posted Aug 30, 2018 03:59 AM

For future reference, I had this same error and solved it by checking the policy. It had a deleted policy templated. After deactivating it the policy worked again (version 9.2)