Plex 2E

• 1.  Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 24, 2015 06:24 AM

Hi,

Can we get list of all the dependency functions of a view/Function and write it to new LIST through Model API functions?

If yes, what are the Model API functions that will get dependency functions of a View/Function?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 24, 2015 06:52 AM

Why use model api in this particular case?

Search help for 'Add Objects to List'  as this dialog enables objects and their dependencies to be placed in a list.

• 3.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 25, 2015 12:29 AM

I want to create a list of all dependent functions of a view/function in one go and need to create a small tool with Model API's which takes input as entity name and button. By clicking on the button it should create a list with all dependent functions of all the views in that entity.

• 4.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 25, 2015 12:41 AM

but you can do this by multiple select of the views in the object browser and right button click and choose the sub menu option add objects to list with the dependency option clicked,,,

i can show the model api you would use but the reason i created stellatools model api tools was to accomplish things that was not achieveble by the ide, but this task is and will be supported by CA

• 5.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 25, 2015 01:29 AM

I am guessing you doing this for impact analysis and that is why we have the dependency browser.

but if you want to still do this the dependency browser is a good start to learn the problems you will face. What dependency levels do you want to go to? functions dependent on the functions dependent on your views which are dependent on your entity.

I'd think of making it a Add-in tool instead of standalone tool which allows you to choose multiple entities at a time. Do you use existing list  or create a new list.

download Downloads - Stella Tools (CA Plex Developer Tools) and look at:

Function: StellaTL/StellaTools.Tools.Data.Shunt.GetDependantsExpanded  *involving recursive calls

Function: StellaTL/StellaTools.Tools.Data.Shunt.GetDependantsTopLevel

look at Function: StellaTL/StellaTools.Tools.UI.CreateList   to recreate the list functionality

look at Function: StellaTL/StellaTools.Tools.Data.Object.Fetch.BlockFetchScoped  to get views scoped to your entity

• 6.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 25, 2015 01:47 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, it is creating list with all levels dependent functions. Is it possible to create list only with 2nd level dependency functions instead of all levels?.

Can we do this with out using stella tool?

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Dependency functions of View/Function

Posted Jun 25, 2015 02:08 AM

Be my guest reinvent the wheel...i give up with plex people i really do.