DX NetOps

• 1.  CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jun 25, 2015 02:54 PM

We upgraded Spectrum 10 and currently have our old CABI installation on our Spectrum 10 One Click Server.  I read somewhere we need to install CABI on another server and import the data to the new server.  It also said if you install over 3.x you will lose all existing information.  Does that sound correct?

We have not utilized the CABI 3.1 therefor no meaningful data will be lost.  Can I just install directly over CABI 3 or should I uninstall it and then install CABI 4.1?  We do not have the additional resources to install on a different server and want to keep it where it is.  Any thoughts?

thanks

• 2.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jun 25, 2015 04:07 PM

It appears to can install in parallel on the same machine, as long as you use different ports. You won't be upgrading in place, and it seems to write to different directories, so IN THEORY this will work, but I have not tried it myself, so caveat emptor.

We haven't found the instructions on how to export the data from the old and import to the new.

• 3.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jun 25, 2015 04:21 PM

We have no data we want to save so should I uninstall 3.1 so I can use the same ports or should I just use different ports just to be safe?

• 4.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 08:12 PM

CABI 4.1 does not support upgrade from CABI 3.x. Migration is supported using PostInstall utility that is shipped with CABI 4.1 SP3 VCD.

I have seen problem with Business Objects Integration with Spectrum 10 when uninstalling CABI 3.x and installing CABI 4.1 SP3. The CABI 3.x uninstall did not clean up the installation completely.

Install in a spare machine in case you have one.

After installing and verifying the CABI, you must Deploy Spectrum Content, Configure Database Driver and Customize CABI Setup for Spectrum. Follow the steps bellow:

Post Installation Configuration for CABI

• 5.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jul 14, 2015 01:12 PM

Since we were not taking advantage of the Reporting Server we uninstalled CABI 3.1 and installed CABI 4.1 with no issues.  This only works if you have no data to save.

• 6.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jul 16, 2015 10:59 AM

For the benefit of anyone who has to do this upgrade, you'll need to install BOXI 4.1 on another server, then follow the instructions found here:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASP10/Post+Installation+Configuration+for+CABI

• 7.  Re: CABI 4.1 Installation

Posted Jul 20, 2015 03:27 PM

And it may not work. We are having a problem with the PostInstall step. We've opened an issue with CA Support, and I'll report back here with the solution.