Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 13.3 - How to remove inactive resource?

Posted Jun 29, 2015 02:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

I want to know how to remove inactive resource/role in ca ppm?

Can I remove directly in database?

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 13.3 - How to remove inactive resource?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 03:01 AM

Hi Peerawat,

You cannot delete the resource rather deactivate or lock the resource. Direct database update is a big no.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 13.3 - How to remove inactive resource?

Posted Jun 29, 2015 05:51 AM

Hi Peerawat,

Suman is right. It is not recommended. I would like to know why you want to delete the resources as inactive users are neither visible nor could be used except admin.

If a user joins back or has to be activated, it is easier to activate rather than creating again. Also, I feel if a user was once used anywhere, like as a project manager or as a task assignee, his name must be present in the system (even after inactivation). Deletion could lead to unexpected behavior/ or missing information in application.

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 13.3 - How to remove inactive resource?

Posted Jun 30, 2015 04:08 PM

Hello

Dale Stockman is right. Laws and errors ...

Deletion could lead to unexpected behavior/ or missing information in application.

This is why you can mark projects for deletion and longer background process takes care of the dependencies.

... and there is a performance penalty for many inactive resources/users - security checks and timeslices

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 13.3 - How to remove inactive resource?

Posted Jun 29, 2015 09:27 AM

You may want to check out this article/product:  Archiving for CA Clarity PPM

Archiving and deletion is a necessary reality.  There are rules, even laws regarding what must be kept and what must be thrown away.  Also, companies split, mistakes are made - keeping everything forever ignores reality.

CA once recognized this need.  At CA World 2007, archiving and deletion was addressed during an NPD session, where our feedback and requirements were solicited.

We haven't obtained the Premari solution, yet, but have a need for it, due to our recent acquisition and related spin-offs.  Would appreciate hearing from any users of this tool.  Now that our acquisition process is complete, I'm expecting that we will soon restart our search for a solution and evaluate this Premari tool.