Release Automation

• 1.  Is there a way to enable someone to view token values without rigths to edit it?

Posted Jun 29, 2015 06:16 AM

Hi everybody,

One of the most frequent questions from application owners in my company is : "What is the value for property ***?"

Using tokens in property, I want to offer them a way to display values.

We just install the version 5.5SP1 of CA Release Automation.

But "application owners", as the company definition, are not allowed to edit application design.

So I can't provide them the "application owner" (nor "application design") role in the RA GUI.

A solution in my actual implementation is to provide them a manifest with token definitions and values.

Can I provide them a role to view token values?

Thank's,

Loic THERY, Integration Team

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to enable someone to view token values without rigths to edit it?

Posted Jul 01, 2015 07:39 AM

Hi

User with application view only permission can have view only permission on the default token values

Do they need to know the value per environment? If yes ,do they have any permission in the environment level?

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to enable someone to view token values without rigths to edit it?

Posted Jul 02, 2015 02:47 AM

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for having answered quickly.

Yes, I would like the application owners to be able to view the values per environment.

But no application owners should have permission, except 'view application' and other 'review' permissions (no action).

The only way I can use is to export token definitions as manifest.

So I send it to application owners when they need it.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to enable someone to view token values without rigths to edit it?

Posted Jul 02, 2015 03:46 AM

I think its make sense to allow users with view only permission to be able to view the token values in the environment as well

schur01 - your thought ?

Thanks

Jacky