We want to be able to track hours worked on a project but not have the cost of those hours hit the Project Cost Plan. Instead, the end result is the non-billable hours submitted on the timesheet are not hitting the non-billable column on the Rate Matrix that has $0 for the rate.
Here's how I set it up:
1. Assign Financially enabled resource to a Project task and select "Non-Billable" for the Charge Code.
2. Created a nonbillable row on the rate matrix.
3. Submitted and posted a timesheet. Verified the Charge Code was nonbillable.
4. Applied the Post to WIP and ran the financial jobs.
5. Check the Cost Plan and it created a separate line item called NON-BILLABLE but it still created charges. The last test I ran for the month of June it looks like it's hitting my all "*" column in the Rate Matrix that has a rate of $1. I don't know what it's doing that.
The expected result is to have no charges for the non-billable hours. Can anyone help me with what I'm doing wrong? I'm really not sure why it's pulling the wrong rate.