Rather late in the week for Tuesday, yet setting this as a Tuesday tip.
This is about raising awareness on a key item about CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 4.x - Service Desk Manager (SDM) Reports from Localization stand point. The requirement for CA SDM Reports in CABI 4.x environment is that one should have:
1) Windows OS where CABI is being installed, HAS to be English
2) CABI installation can be done with English + appropriate locale (ex: French)
3) Users utilizing a browser against CABI reports should:
a. Have the Browser added with appropriate locale (ex: French) to it
b. Infoview/CMC preferences should be set to below (after logging into CABI via a Browser)
1) Set CABI Preferences -> Product Locale to Browser Locale
2) Set CABI Preferences -> Preferred Viewing Locale to Browser Locale
3) Logoff of Invoview/CMC and login again.
This is the only way in which our reports are known to work properly. Or else you may see errors like below:Unknown Database Connector
Our Supportability Matrix wiki has the O/S requirement documented already. But thought it might help someone looking into similar requirements.