DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Help need on metric grouping

Posted Jul 02, 2015 10:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

I need to monitor a webservice API's "URL/mobilwebservice/signOn", I could see the "Frontends\|Apps((?!\|URLs).)*:Average Response Time \(ms\)" reported with values, but I need the value for the particular webservice "signOn". While I trace I could see "Frontends\|Apps\|mobilewebservice\|URLs\|Default\|doFilter\|/mobilewebservice/signOn:Average Response Time \(ms\)" having values.

But when I try to create Metric Expressions as Frontends\|Apps\|mobilewebservice\|URLs\|Default\|doFilter\|.*:Average Response Time \(ms\) it failed to load data.

• 2.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 07:45 PM

So you have URL groups defined for/mobilewebservice/signOn? You see the metric in the metric tree?

Then the safest way to go is right-klick on the metric and select "New metric grouping from <metric>"!

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Posted Jul 05, 2015 10:21 AM

Thanks Guenter for your response......

There is a metric in Investigator as "mobilewebservice", I could see the "doFilter/mobileweservice/singOn" while tracing, but not in metric grouping or Investigator.

So I am not able to form a new metric.

• 4.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Posted Jul 05, 2015 04:43 AM

Hi,
    Is 'doFilter\|/mobilewebservice/signOn' node appearing in the Investigator ?

Don't know the reason, but I have seen sometime that some info is available in traces which is missing in the Investigator.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 5.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Posted Jul 05, 2015 10:22 AM

Thanks Vaibhav for your response......

There is a metric in Investigator as "mobilewebservice", I could see the "doFilter/mobileweservice/singOn" while tracing, but not in metric grouping or Investigator.

So I am not able to form a new metric.

• 6.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Posted Jul 06, 2015 01:30 AM

Yeah.. that's what I was mentioning.

Metric Grouping could only produce resultset if data\node is available in the Investigator.

If that metric is really required from monitoring perspective, I would suggest to deploy one custom PBD with same path in the Investigator instrumenting the concerned class\method.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 7.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:38 PM

What is the original metric name without any escape characters. Can you please upload a screenshot from the Investigator Tree?

My assumption:

Frontends|Apps|mobilewebservice|URLs|Default|doFilter|/mobilewebservice/signOn:Average Response Time (ms)

Thanks

• 8.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:06 PM

Dear @DhamuSasidharan

Are you all set on this issue? Did you try Vaibhav's suggestion?

• 9.  Re: Help need on metric grouping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:38 PM

What is the original metric name without any escape characters. Can you please upload a screenshot from the Investigator Tree?

My assumption:

Frontends|Apps|mobilewebservice|URLs|Default|doFilter|/mobilewebservice/signOn:Average Response Time (ms)

Thanks

• 10.  Re: Help need on metric grouping
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2015 01:01 AM

Hi All,

This has been achieved by modifying the below parameters in IntroscopeAgent.profile. Thanks fr the support.

introscope.agent.urlgroup.keys=mobilewebservice

introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.mobilewebservice.pathprefix=********

introscope.agent.urlgroup.group.mobilewebservice.format=********