DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

• 1.  NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 02, 2015 01:09 PM

Check it out - the On-Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management is now LIVE!!!

I can officially die now (ok maybe just retire) as this is something I have been wanting to deliver for the past 17 years serving the infrastructure management market - I am thrilled this team delivered!

The goal of this project to increase our Speed to Certify new infrastructure at the new speed of the Application Driven Economy

In addition we know that while customers value continuous delivery of value ... you cannot always absorb the cost for upgrading the whole product - WE LISTENED!!!!

Check it out ... go to the CA Performance Management Product Page on http://support.ca.com  and then right a the top of the Recommended Reading is a link to the portal and while you are here check out our new Online Sizer as well!

Thanks to my colleagues at CA as well as a great group of strategic customers and partners who are always looking to invent a better way ....

Software is never perfect so if you have any ideas or run into problems ... send us a note or comment right here.

-Dan H

• 2.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 02, 2015 01:19 PM

That made me laugh, Dan.   We don't want you to go anywhere, actually .. but thank you for sharing this with the community   awesome !

• 3.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 01:20 PM

Cool stuff! Great job team!!

• 4.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 02, 2015 02:06 PM

Good stuff – congratulations Performance Management team.

• 5.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 02, 2015 03:32 PM

This is excellent!!  This has spent more than 17 years in the "wish" pool!!!  This is one ancient "enhancement request" that can FINALLY be checked off and closed!  And that goes waaaaaaaaay back to the Concord days!!

Seriously... Great news and great job!  Congrats to Dan and everyone I'm sure he cajoled into making this a reality...

Dan, you can't die on us now... you just delivered the undeliverable!! 

• 6.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 03, 2015 03:22 AM

Thanks for the great information!

I have communicated this to all partners in Japan!

• 7.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 03, 2015 04:08 AM

Maybe another repository should be created here on communities, so everyone that wishes could share their custom certifications.

• 8.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 03, 2015 06:12 AM

Wow. Fantastic !!!!

• 9.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 30, 2015 04:14 AM

Hi Dan,

good to see that!

rgds Steve

• 10.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 02:34 PM

This is good work !!!

• 11.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Jul 31, 2015 01:07 PM

Thank you for getting this up an running. I am a bit new to CAPC/CAPM/IM2.X/Socretes.

Are all new cert going into this area?

Is there  a backlog of certs getting added or are those included with the latest releases?

• 12.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Feb 08, 2017 09:11 AM

Besides posting new work to CA Performance Management On-Demand Certifications - CA Technologies  we roll these device certs into each new Sprint kit -- and subsequently into each GA release -- in true Agile fashion.

-Margaret

• 13.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Feb 08, 2017 09:08 AM

UPDATE: We continue to post new and updated #CAPM device certification updates for public consumption at CA Performance Management On-Demand Certifications - CA Technologies  - Download any of 120+ certifications today!

-Margaret

• 14.  Re: NOW LIVE - On Demand Certification Portal for CA Performance Management

Posted Mar 28, 2018 02:50 PM

So, how do I use this tool to find out if CAPM will collect the JUNIPER_MIB.jnxOperatingEntry table out of the box? I have two other tables that I'd like to know if they are collected by default:  JUNIPER_COS_MIB.jnxCosQstatEntry and PAN_COMMON_MIB.panSession (looks like maybe?).

I've been using MIBs for a long time (even wrote a few of them). But this data is confusing to me since it specifically calls out certain model numbers. Knowing which OIDs will have data for which models seems like a vendor duty, not something that CA should be tracking as it could be out of date whenever a vendor publishes a new MIB or more commonly a new version of the device software that now supports the existing MIB.

Does CAPM only try certain MIB tables against certain sysObjectID prefixes? While i agree that that would make things more efficient, it seems like you'd be missing out. If this is how it works, is there a way to wildcard the prefix so that certain ones get tried against a larger set of devices?