Clarity

• 1.  Portlets and partitions

Posted Jul 02, 2015 04:17 PM

Just wondering again...

What might I be doing wrong.

I develop an NSQL query which retrieves data from srm_resources, prj_resources and odf_ca_resource. Some of the fields are lookups.

In 13.2 I do not see any option to set the partition for the query, it is automatically set to system.

When I create a new portlet there is partition field, but it is not editable. When I select my query as the dataprovider the partition is automatically set to the partition of the query.

When I open the query it works just fine, but the data I am after is not there because it is not tagged to system partition but to another. Likewise the lookups I was planning to use with filters do not  have their value in the system partition, but in the other partition.

When I read the portlet out it comes with all the lookups with the switch set to upgrade=true, all the partitions and their members. Great.

Fortunately the singleContentType swithc clears the junk.

If I change the partition in all the places where it is given and write back either overwriting the existing portlet and query or first deleting them I still have my portlet in the system partition, only parto of the data coming and lookup filter having no drop down.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get educated to put the portlet and its components where I want it to be?

• 2.  Re: Portlets and partitions
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2015 04:23 AM

Hello,

Portlets can be partition specific based solely on the data provider that portlets are based on. This means that if the data provider is an object and that object is partitioned, then the portlet is partitioned.

EXAMPLE: if your portlet has the project object as the data provider, and the project object is partitioned, then your portlet will have the same partition as your project object (data provider).

However, NSQL query based portlets are designed to default to the system parititon. Since your portlets have NSQL queries as data providers, your portlets will be assigned to the system partition.

This is working as designed as far as I know. In order to view the other values too, you will need to assign these values in the lookup the System partition with global partition association mode (Partition, ancestors, and descendants).

Regards

Chandrani

• 3.  Re: Portlets and partitions

Posted Jul 03, 2015 04:34 AM

Thanks for the quick answer. Sorry to hear that.