AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workstation 9.5.2 Memory Leak ?

Question asked by Vaibhav Vir Singh on Jul 6, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 by Hallett_German

Hi All,

Thought to share one of the issue\observation I felt after we upgraded Wily from 9.1.6 version to 9.5.2

We observed that after the upgrade, the heap\memory required for workstation to open and access has increased drastically.
In the initial phases, even console was not opening. But when we assigned the Heap around 1gigs which opened the console but with very high heap usage.

Below is the snapshot of the Task Manager, where you can see the memory utilization reaching 1gigs.

Task_Manager.jpg

Adding to this problem statement, I tried to profile the client\workstation using JProfiler and found that there were mainly two objects which were greater in number as well as utilizing considerable Heap.

1. java.awt.EventQueue
  2. com.wily.introscope.soa.dependencymap.ui.DependencyMapViewerPanel

Attaching the JProfiler snapshot for the heap analysis. I checked for the thread details but nothing erroneous I could see.

Since I am not much aware about these classes and their functionalities, could anyone help me to know if this is the potential cause for high heap utilization ?
Even if I don't navigate much into the Investigator, heap utilization reaches Max very easily making console unresponsive after sometime.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Outcomes