DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to encrypt data_engines connection_string to use it in custom probes?

Posted Jul 07, 2015 04:31 PM

Hi,

is there a external module or a callback or internal commands to use the connection_string retrieved by callback "get_connection_string" from data_engine to connect to the NIS from within a custom probe? I prefer a solution for NSA but also for Perl or Java. I'm looked into SDK docs, the forum and KB, but no hints found.

Can anybody help me?

Thanx

• 2.  Re: How to encrypt data_engines connection_string to use it in custom probes?

Posted Jul 07, 2015 04:48 PM

The encryption key isn't public information, and it is hard coded in the probes that utilize this callback. You'll probably be easier off building it yourself. That's what I've done, at least.

-jon

• 3.  Re: How to encrypt data_engines connection_string to use it in custom probes?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2015 09:00 AM

I have an example of how to do this in Java, if you look closely you can probably find the decryption key I'm using.

threshold_archive/threshold_archiveProbe.java at master · BryanKMorrow/threshold_archive · GitHub

You can also retrieve the nimlookup.jar file that is required from the repository lib directory.

• 4.  Re: How to encrypt data_engines connection_string to use it in custom probes?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 04:00 AM

Hi Bryan,

thanks a lot for your code example. At first I programmed as proposed by jon (all parameters in the config file and build my own connection string). But with the help of your code sample I was able to program it in Lua - using the Callback get_connection_string and nimbus.decrypt().

Olaf