Clarity

• 1.  Project Rate Matrix Associations

Posted Jul 07, 2015 05:22 PM

Team:

Let's say we have two entities:

1. APPLE

2. ORANGE

Apple has its own fiscal TP's, plan defaults, apple rate matrix and department OBS

Orange has its own fiscal TP's, plan defaults, apple rate matrix and department OBS

We also have two partitions - APPLE and ORANGE

When I create a project in ORANGE partition, my expectation is that it should have the ORANGE rate matrix as the labor matrix by default in the financial sub-page. But the matrix showing up is APPLE. Any idea what may be going wrong??

Is there any place in the system where partition and entity may be linked???

• 2.  Re: Project Rate Matrix Associations

Posted Jul 08, 2015 06:38 AM

Hello,

As far as I know, the following come under 'Non-Partitionable' configurations in clarity :

1) General system configuration (System settings, Project Management settings, Data Administration settings)

2) Financial setup

3) Timesheet options

Regards

Chandrani

• 3.  Re: Project Rate Matrix Associations

Posted Jul 08, 2015 09:01 AM

Hi Naga:

I already noticed that.

But logically, I would hope there is a configurational way we could automatically pick up a different rate matrix based on partition and entity. Because in ORANGE's entity definition, it is clearly specified the rate source is the ORANGE rate matrix. But when the project is being created, it picks up the APPLE one which was first created. We created the ORANGE entity like six months later when the need arose for a new business.

Currently we have a process which triggers and resets the rate source, but it would be nice to avoid custom code. Thanks for the response.

• 4.  Re: Project Rate Matrix Associations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 12:43 AM

Are there any defaults set for the rate matrix association ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Project Rate Matrix Associations
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2015 09:02 PM

Yes, Joshi, both entities have a certain rate matrix associated and the one created first time round is taking precedence.

Anyway, there's been a change of plans. We're currently engaged in rebooting Clarity PPM in our org, like the batman trilogy.

When George Clooney and Arnie Schwaxxxxxxx messed up Batman, it begged for a stellar reboot and Christopher Nolan saved the day, a decade later.

I am attempting to be Christopher Nolan here, LOL.

In our organization, several business groups and stakeholders brought in several requirements over time, the past six years, and there are multiple entities, multiple dept OBSes and multiple rate matrices. Every group likes to do project management and process all kinds of artifacts its own way. It's not an uncommon occurrence in major orgs. Senior management is working on establishing a centralized PMO and this provides an opportunity to reboot and do things differently, learning from past roadblocks.

I socialized the idea of having one department OBS and a single financial entity and it's close to being accepted. In my opinion, if there has to be clean PPM administration, there needs to be one department OBS (which mirrors cost center hierarchies from SAP) in close alignment to the business so that we can perform chargebacks when this is all over. I think it's also the road towards PPM maturity overall.

Having said all this, I think it's best to close this thread.......