Layer7 API Management

• 1.  CA PAI Gateway - Policy Manager connection

Posted Jul 12, 2015 06:51 PM

Hi, When connecting to the Policy Manager I often get a message in a pop up 'Waiting For Server - Waiting for response from Server' followed by another message in a pop up 'Policy Manager Message - Connection to the Gateway has been broken'. Both of these events occur regularly and for many different users. Regular is approximately every 2 or 3 minutes after which you need to reconnect. Any ideas to assist?

• 2.  Re: CA PAI Gateway - Policy Manager connection

Posted Jul 13, 2015 06:57 AM

Hi Antony

Can you confirm the version of the Gateway/Policy Manager?

What kind of user is logging in, is this a one defined in the Internal Identity Provider, or maybe an LDAP lookup is occurring?

Have a look at the logs:-

For the gateway have a look at /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/var/logs/ssg_0_0.log

For Policy Manager review (Presuming it is Windows) C:\Users\<user>\.l7tech\ssm0.log

Hopefully the logs might give us a clue as to what is occurring.

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: CA PAI Gateway - Policy Manager connection

Posted Jul 13, 2015 09:22 PM

Hi Christopher

Gateway/Policy Manager 8.2.01 build 4725

Working on the rest.

Regards and thanks

• 4.  Re: CA PAI Gateway - Policy Manager connection

Posted Jul 14, 2015 01:02 AM

Hi Christopher

I will still supply the other info requested by you. In the interim I wanted to make sure about something else. We have a planned SAP production outage scheduled and I would like to take the opportunity of restarting the Layer 7 app servers. I cannot see a problem with that but can you confirm that should be in order and that it should be as simple and downing and restarting?

Regards

Tony

• 5.  Re: CA PAI Gateway - Policy Manager connection

Posted Jul 14, 2015 06:43 AM

Hi Antony

When you say Layer 7 app servers, do you mean API Portal or the Gateways?

Presuming the later (Gateway) you can restart the nodes of the Gateway in any order. It would be a good practice to start the DB nodes first just so the other nodes can connect respond to requests straight away, but if this is not possible then the cluster would sort it self out when the DB nodes come online.

Chris

CA Support